“dhubl not good for handicap”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Asked for a handicap room for an elderly lady... Was given a room on the 3rd floor. The only thing that was handicaped about this room was an extra button for the door and maybe a larger bathroom. Would of had to step into a bathtub in order to get into the shower. Also would like to know how I was to get someone off the 3rd floor in case of a fire, power outage, etc. The staff was friendly enough and the breakfast was very good, just not sure that the handicap situation was fully understood. If I would stay there again, I would make sure that I had a ground floor with a walk in shower.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear dhubl,

Connie D

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had absolutely no complaints. HIE is a fave of mine because of the decent rooms, nice beds, good breakfast and cool decor. The staff was all very friendly and because of my IHG rewards, I got girl scout cookies upon check in! Sweet Surprise!

Rooms were normal with fridge. AC system was nice because you could keep the fan on - I love this feature in hotels to block out noise. Toiletries are decent, towels a little rough but adequate. Shower head was at a pretty good height. (I often wonder how tall people shower at some hotels???) So all in all, I would definitely return. Location is awesome because it is surrounded by great restaurants - Buffalo Wild Wings is right across the parking lot - and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

When I walked in, I was greeted with very helpful people. This new property is very clean and tastefully decorated. I have stayed at a lot of Holiday Inns and this ranks up at the top! Great Experience!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The HIE in Grand Island is a great place to stay! The manager's reception is outstanding. My room was well decorated, with fresh linens and towels. However, I thought the price may have been a little high for the Grand Island market. I may be back, but not for the price I paid.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were in town for the Lincoln Highway Centennial and chose this hotel due to it's proximity to this road. I was very satisfied with the choice and I will definitely go back if I get to this part of Nebraska again. The room (second floor) was large and clean. Everything worked just fine and we both enjoyed a great (and much needed) nights sleep. Breakfast choices were plentiful. What more can be said?

Room Tip: The second floor was just fine. Normally I like to get as high up as possible. This property has 3 f...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Check in was almost a standard experience with the impression you were interrupting a facebook update. The room was the standard HIE layout, internet was a little slow, decent television selection for the area though. Over all I was not really impressed with this property as I have been " WOW'ed " at others that I have stayed at. If you need a place to crash for the night after a day on the interstate and want to be close to several restaurants then pick here. Just don't expect anything special at this property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Gunnar O,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the hotel conditions. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our facilities continually. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I am actually a pretty laid back person. But when it comes to AWFUL customer service I can't stand it! I advise no one goes here! Unfortunately, I'm assuming if you HAVE to stay here, it's for the same reason as us. We got stuck in a NE snowstorm on our road trip to CA, we had no choice but to stop and all of the hotels we tried before this one had no vacancies.
First of all, the hotel is really nice on the inside, we got there at about 1-2 am so the only room available was a handicapped room. Fine, didn't care at all. The room was pristine and we got a good night of sleep. We had been told our room was $112 which was just fine. I didn't look at our bill because we were exhausted.
Next morning, I do look at our bill and it was $137. Not a big deal to most but we aren't rolling in cash and didn't want to be spending extra money before we even reached our destination.
I went to talk to the front desk person about it. Instantly she was the biggest snob!! I couldn't believe it. She said I should have 'assumed' there would be tax, because 'everything has tax now'. I am not going to 'assume' that. I AM going to 'assume' I'm getting charged what they tell me I'm paying.
Now this sounds a little ridiculous right? Getting so worked up over $25. I wasn't that made about the extra money, I went to see if there was anything they could do, at least an apology. Nope, she was a little brat that does NOT deserve a job.
Here's the kicker. My husband and I went to eat their complimentary 'breakfast', if you can call it that (YUCK!). That same 'woman' goes trotting into the back room where a lady is making the food. My husband and I are on the opposite side of the dining room and I can here her talking [--] about me! Who does that? We're still a paying customer and deserve respect. I was in no way disrespectful to her, I got a little snippy because of her bad attitude. But she has the nerve to talk bad about me where I can hear her!!
I confronted her at the front desk again and asked what her name was, CARISSA by the way! And if her manager was there. OF COURSE, guess what? She was the manager on duty. How the hell, does someone so awful get a job as a manager?!! I said I think it's pretty rude to talk about a paying customer ESPECIALLY where they can hear you. And she was just the worst customer service person I've ever met. No apology or anything. Just kept saying 'okay' in her high pitched high-schooler voice like she was blowing me off. Please don't go here..

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank AMyers331
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear AMyers331,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Grand Island. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.