“I usually love the garden cafe but this place isn't so great anymore.”
Review of Garden Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Garden Cafe
Description: in Howard Johnson's
Description: in Howard Johnson's
kearney ne
“I usually love the garden cafe but this place isn't so great anymore.”
Reviewed November 1, 2010

The portions have gotten smaller and you seem to have to wait forever not fun when you have kids with you. It used to be a great place for a fun time here in Grand Island it seems to be the place where older people hang out.

a road warrior
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An unexpected surprise”
Reviewed November 19, 2008

It was a real pleasure to find a cafe this good at the place I was staying while my commercial vehicle was in the shop for repairs.

Breakfast is served all day. There is a full menu of lunch and dinner offerings as well as daily specials. There is variety and the feeling that most offerings fall in the comfort food category.
Lots of heart healthy options are offered and most of the selections incorporate healthy touches (steamed vegetables.)
You get the idea that a lot of working folk patronize this place by looking at the spiral bound, laminated menu.

The front of the restaurant houses a 16 foot bakery display case filled with cheescakes, cream pies, fruit pies, brownies, cookies, muffins and bars. . .all baked on site. The dinner rolls are baked on site.

I had breakfast with some awesome country fries. I had to come back for a dinner of turkey and dressing that was as good as any I get at Thanksgiving. Needless to say, the servers were friendly and knew their job.

They have breakfast buffets on the weekends. Even though I can't stay, I'll bet you they are as good as the meals I had.

This place is worth getting off the interstate for a meal or an overnight in the hotel on site. There is also a lounge that sounded like folks were having lots of fun. The manger tells me they have live entertainment on the weekend.

1 Thank equinox49