“Great to stay.”

Howard Johnson Gothenburg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The front desk Whitney is amazing person.
All people working at the hotel very polite.
I strongly recommend this hotel.
Hotel clean.
Rooms and bath super clean.
Mattress and pillows
Flat screen TV various channels.
Everything in room works.
Internet very fast.
Breakfast perfect.
Safe place.
Pizza hut walking distance.
I stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 28, 2013

After making a bone-head decision to drive OVERNIGHT from Kansas City, MO to Ogden, UT with a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old in the car, we made the decision to "throw in the towel" and stop here after fueling up across the street. Wasn't sure what chain of motels this place was until my wife went in to find out since the sign was missing. Got our room and was heading down the hall passed the drunk guy outside the room that appeared to be "making mends" to a broken relationship. The guy was rather quiet and harmless. Anyway, got settled in the room and the room and bathrooms were average motel cleanliness but the shower curtain smelled like a wet dog. As I pulled back the covers for some much needed rest, what appeared to be "body hair" of some sort was on the bottom sheet. Grossed out, I just pulled the flat sheet over and slept on that and refused to cover up with the comforter. After waking up feeling refreshed despite the body hair incident, I took a nice, hot, wet dog shower. Feeling energized, we headed to the free breakfast. Breakfast was awesome! Biscuits, gravy, cereal for the kids, COFFEE!, and bagels. We munched up what we could and headed on the road again. Kinda weirded out about our stay but I'll be willing to give this place a second chance if I'm ever in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I strongly recommend this hotel. We had a good experience here. The BRAND NEW AMERICAN owners were fantastic and really wanted to know what was right and wrong with the property. The best thing was we were bumped up to a King Suite, because they didn't have any King rooms left. We didn't have a working refrigerator, the towel rack near the sink came off the wall and the air conditioner was noisy, but they had just gotten the hotel that week and were making improvements. Room was very clean, bed comfortable and there was an extra pillow in the room. Glad I didn't need to call to get one, it was already there. Staff was great! They offered to call in the maintenance man on the weekend and it was our decision to allow him to stay home-graduation weekend, you know is very important.
Only real complaint was breakfast was almost all starch. This may be hotel policy, but they need to take into consideration that some need to have some other protein than peanut butter and milk. A sausage patty or strip of bacon would have been nice or eggs for my hubby ( I can't eat eggs).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at this motel again in October 2012, my experience was similar to that of my previous trip that spring, nice spacious room, a standard, yet sufficient continental breakfast in the morning, and decent price. However, at this time I would not be comfortable in recommending this place based on my previous experience. First, a company that is well known for publishing travel guides no longer lists the property in their 2013 guide, which potentially could mean that their standards have dropped. Also, on a recent drive-through the area along I-80, I noticed that the Super 8 signs both on the building itself as well as the one in front of the motel have been taken down, only leaving the frame. This makes me wonder if the motel is still up to Super 8 standards. I would rely on the recommendations or non-recommendations of more recent guests before making a decision to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gothenburg
Comfort Suites Gothenburg
Comfort Suites Gothenburg
#1 of 3 in Gothenburg
Knights Inn Cozad Lexington Area
Rodeway Inn Cozad
Rodeway Inn Cozad
#1 of 2 in Cozad

Been to Howard Johnson Gothenburg? Share your experiences!