“Always a treat”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Andy's on First
Cuisines: Italian
Description: This is the best Italian food we have ever had. Best thin crust pizza. Best spaghetti. etc etc. The prices are reasonble.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Andy's is an Italian restaurant. While I'm not huge on Italian food, they always seem to have something I enjoy, whether it be pizza, the veal parmigiana, or the "no-name special number two", which isn't even on the menu, but the locals know about it. The service is fast and friendly, and to me, that's what it's all about. I don't really understand the complaint by the two other reviewers about being seated in the back room. If you are part of a large party, you are either seated in the back room, or a side room off the main restaurant. The atmosphere is the same, no matter where you sit, unless you just like sitting in a booth, in which case all you had to do was ask. Andy's is a small, independently run restaurant, and in my opinion, they do a pretty good job.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We ate at Andy's many years ago. I can remember then I wasn't impressed and I recently tried it again & I still wasn't impressed. The red sauce used for pasta has no flavor, we kept using the salt shaker trying to get some sort of flavor, but to no avail. I believe I read that they make their own Italian sausage, it had flavor but not what I cared for. The eggplant was overcooked as the outside was dark & you couldn't cut it with a fork. Maybe the pizza is good, but I won't be back to try it.
On a plus note, the service was good & we got our order quickly, although I too ate in the back room as one of the other posters said, which has not much for atmosphere.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Maybe it was because we have only tried it once, but our experience was mediocre. The steak tenderloins were yummy, but the pasta dish I could have easily made at home to taste better for a cheaper price. The back room dining room provided "back room" atmosphere and temperatures. In our opinion, it certainly isn't the best place to eat in Fremont. For nice food at a reasonable price with a relaxing atmosphere for a date night with your spouse, this reviewer suggests The Woodcliff Restaurant (http://www.woodcliffrestaurant.com/) a few miles south of town instead.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

You gotta try the pizza. Service is very good. When in Fremont this is my restaurant of choice.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

I began eating at Andy's in 2002. I've had many great meals at Andy's and I recommend it as the best place for a good meal in Fremont. The pastas are excellent & the pizzas are also really tasty. The location is a bit off todays beaten path, as it's located near the railroad depot in historic downtown Fremont.

1  Thank 68,025