“Big letdown after last time”
Review of Wooden Windmill

Wooden Windmill
Ranked #28 of 60 Restaurants in Fremont
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

i came back because it was so good last time. Had steak, date had a salad. Salad was "OK" if you like bagged shredded lettuce, nothing homemade about it. Steak was grizzly and a little tough btu I had order a cheap cut so i can handle that. It was good right and tasty enough. Baked potato was a couple of days old. How long does it take to turn brown through and through? I don't know. Roll was a sa old as the potato :-(

There are newer reviews for Wooden Windmill

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Unfortunately I ordered Mexican.......what was I thinking? The ground beef was black in color. It was so unappetizing looking my dinner mates asked "what is that"? I will not be returning or recommend this eatery.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Service is poor and the food isn't worth eating for free. It's dark, dingy and dirty looking, but the flies don't seem to care.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I agree with the other posters, this placed used to be very good - not sure what happened but we will not be back. I ordered beef brisket & no amount of bar-be-que sauce could make those dry pieces of meat edible. Two others had Mexican food & felt like the ground beef had been microwaved too long, again dry & inedible. Another person ordered chicken fried steak, which was tough. This place has long been a family favorite, but not any more.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were back in Fremont for our family reunion and I had to go back to have the Baby Huey's Ribeye Steak. I am fortunate to eat all over the United States and I have never found a better Ribeye Steak. The one I had was 18oz. and lightly seasoned and cooked to perfection. I was here back in January and I have not stopped thinking about the steak and I was not disappointed. The service was a little slow and we had to wait even though there were tables available, but we were in the mood for some drinks before dinner anyway. A must try for Steak lovers!