“Cheapest in town by far”
Review of Check In Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Falls City
Check In Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Falls City
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Of the three hotels/motels in town, Check In was by far the cheapest. It is a dated motel but clean and convenient. The people were extremely friendly and the bed was fine. Breakfast the usual honey bun and coffee thing. Well worth saving the bucks for a weary biker!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank craigmyr
There are newer reviews for Check In Motel
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here April 6-15, 2012. We were in town to tie up some loose ends on the sale of some property and to see family and friends in the area. Our personal experiences were essentially that the bed was like sleeping on a board, the pillows were flat little things and there were issues trying to use the microwave and mini-fridge. You have to get down on hands and knees to use the fridge and the microwave teeters on top of the fridge so when you open its door, it can topple off its base with the slightest down-pressure on the door. Also, the parking lot is arranged such that a fender-bender is only a matter of how long you stay there.. it WILL happen eventually. We got out in time but parking in front of our room was nearly impossible and meant that someone in the adjacent building could NOT park in front of their room - you'd have to see it to understand but the layout was not well planned.

But as bad as this may sound, that isn't the worst of it. My oldest son was due to visit for two days and was driving in from a little over 4 hours away. He and I talked on our last Friday there and I agreed to get a room reserved for him that was close to our own. The one I paid for was in an adjacent building but only something like 10 yards away. I paid for the first night for his room and he was to pay for his second night.

We went to a 'going away party' that evening and met my son there. I gave him the key to his room so he could stay at the party and not be obligated to leave when we did. He came to the motel and found that he had to park quite a ways away from his room... and when he opened his door he saw clothes hanging just inside. Then an elderly gentleman sat up in bed and was more than a little curious as to why my son was walking into the room he had rented. That had to be more than a little awkward. The room didn't have a deadbolt so there was nothing keeping someone with a key from just walking right in.

My son went to the office and was eventually given another, slightly larger room for the night.

The next morning he got up, showered and came over to OUR room. Shortly after he arrived, I got a phone call from the office saying his stuff was still in the room he had been given and he'd have to get it out right away as it was checkout time. It was as if they felt no guilt whatsoever about renting his room out to someone else and scaring the old guy, etc.

I "suggested" that he be given a room for free to stay in an additional night. This was begrudgingly agreed to by the office staff - but we still had to move his stuff back to the room he was originally given.. the one with no deadbolt.

One final note, we originally planned to stay until Monday, April 16th and had paid for the whole stay up front. We ended up leaving on Sunday, April 15th and still have not received any refund for the last day there.

For a little 'hole in the wall' motel in a tiny town, they charged us $65/night and ultimately over-charged us by one day. Their furnishings are poor, their rates are high and they apparently have little regard for customer satisfaction. It is HIGHLY unlikely that I would ever stay at the Check In Motel again.

Room Tip: There is one 'basement room'.. If there are tornadoes, I suppose that would be the safest. O...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 2 in Mound City
Koch Motel
Koch Motel
#2 of 3 in Sabetha

Been to Check In Motel? Share your experiences!