“Excellent Location by Quito Airport”

Quito Airport Suites
Ranked #1 of 14 Tababela B&B and Inns
Bozeman, Montana
“Excellent Location by Quito Airport”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We loved the comfort and efficiency of this hotel. It is very close to the new airport. The night receptionist spoke English and led us to clean and comfortable rooms, even though we arrived very late. We had a separate room from our children but were able to keep track of them by having a bathroom that adjoined the two rooms. The hotel was very quiet, and we had a restful night of sleep.

In the morning we received helpful information from the desk clerk about places of interest we might visit. We enjoyed walking around the outside of the hotel and admiring native plants before being picked up right at the door by our taxi. All in all, we had charming accomodations at a very reasonable price. We will definitely use this as our jumping off place on our next trip to Quito

Room Tip: There are different prices of rooms. You can have top notch accomodations, but I understand there ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank April B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Madhya Pradesh, India
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at Quito Airport Suites May 23 and honestly wasnt expecting much more than a bare-bones airport hotel. Boy, was I surprised! The dinner service was exquisite, I got the rich, creamy lasagna. The showers were powerful and had really hot water, a rare find in Ecuador for a hotel in this price range. The WIFI was fast and worked well in my room. The cable TV had several English channels and the wake up call at 3am was punctual as well as the shuttle service to the airport at 330am. The only thing I didnt like was the climb up the 8 stair or so to y second floor room, if you dont walk well ask for a first floor room. Overall Id absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: I think this one of the best hospitality I have ever received in this country.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Krishnapal S
Vilcabamba, Ecuador
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Domenic has never failed when it comes to offering travelers a great place to stay at a reasonable rate and Quito Airport Suites is no exception. I loved how clean and cozy the place is! The rooms were very comfortable and despite the close proximity to the new Quito airport, I was able to get a very sound sleep as I never heard a single plane land or take off. They offer a pick up service, which I highly recommend, because for only $8, as soon as you leave baggage claim, the driver is standing right there with a card that has your name on it ready to whisk you away to comfort and rest! For the convenience, the comfort and overall value, I highly recommend staying at Quito Airport Suites.

Room Tip: As of right now, Quito Airport Suites gets plenty of last minute travelers, it is recommended, that...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank WillInVilcabamba
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The most important thing about the Quito airport suites is that it is only 10 minutes from the new Quito airport; and there's practically nothing else available. The owner Domenick is an enterprising young man who migrated from the United States, and previously operated a bed and breakfast in the city of Quito.

The new airport at Quito was completed well in advance of the infrastructure needed to connect it to the city of Quito. It's located in a small town called Tababela, which is quite a distance from Quito. The taxi ride to Quito cost about $35 and takes about an hour and a half over single lane heavily traveled roads. So it makes sense to spend $40, the price for a single room at Quito airport suites, instead of taking a taxi into Quito. That is, if you're only making a connecting flight out the next day.

Domenick will pick you up at the airport. I believe normally this is rather seamless, however in my case I sat around there a couple of hours, and made several phone calls before I was finally picked up. It took about 15 minutes from the airport to the B&B: I call it a B&B because that's what it is, the word suites is misleading. The city of Tababella is quite small in itself, and Domenick's B&B is well on the outskirts with no infastructure whatsoever surrounding it. That makes it a very nice quiet place to stay, if you don't want to do anything else. The Inn serves breakfast from 7 to 9 AM, but does not offer any other meals. Domenick said there was a restaurant about 4 blocks away but I could see no buildings from his unit.

The B&B itself is on a multi-acre plot of land with 3 buildings. There are 6 units in one building and 3 units in another building. There will be 3 more units in the 3rd building in about 3 months, for a total of 12 units. So you can see this is a rather small B&B. However, the rooms were nice and comfortable, and there was free Wi-Fi.I think that the enterprising Domenick will expand the Inn in the future, and that his services will improve considerably. He has a good start, but now it's like a gem in the rough. Hopefully it will be polished soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor of the main building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank WildBillFlorida_USA
fort worth
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I could not get on line to book a room, so I called the hotel three days ahead of the date I was trying to book. Domenic answered the phone and I requested a double room for my husband and myself on the specific date I wanted, I explained that I could not get on line to book, I was told that he would call me back. I did not receive a call back. I finally was able to get on line so I tried to book a room, the response came back. YOUR ROOM IS BOOKED. Ok so I was somewhat puzzled because no prompts to make a deposit.. The next day still could not get on line so I asked a friend who speaks fluent spanish to call for me he spoke with Domenic to check that the reservation had gone through. He gave our name date and explained that we had called before. The call dropped, I assumed (stupid of me ) that he had enough information and also that the response came back YOUR ROOM IS BOOKED that we would arrive on the date that we had called about 3 times. Well, we arrived at Quito Airport Suites only to be told that they were full. I will say he gave us the name of another hotel CASA MARIA where we stayed.
I do not tolerate inefficiency well, I would have been ok with a phone call to tell me that they were full, when I said this to Domenic he said he did not have my phone number, to whicjh I replied CALLER ID.
I would never stay at this hotel and I will certainly not recommend to my friends who live in Cotacachi. (I was the test case for them )
I also have friends in the US that were waiting for my review, needless to say it will not be favourable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank lara s
domenick11, Owner at Quito Airport Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello Lara,

Im very sorry we had a miscommunication and we could not provide you with a room, the thing is you called me when I was in the bus coming to work and the call dropped and I could not hear you well at all to get your dates.

Then a few other people called right after you and your number got lost in the mix.

We guide ourselves by our website, if the booking engine on our site says we are booked, like in your case it did, it means we are booked and its best to make other plans. We recommend you book at least 2-3 weeks in advance to secure your room. I know we probably lost you but just in case we didnt email me via the website and Id be happy to get another chance to host you sometime. At the very least id be happy to help you get up from the Quito airport to Cotacachi at much better transfer prices than you can find with the airport taxis! cheers, Dom
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Quito Airport Suites are in an excellent location (for the new airport), the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly and helpful.
I would Gladly stay again and refer my family and friends.

• Stayed April 2013
Carol Stream, Illinois
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is less than 10 minutes from the NEW Quito airport. It is in the town of Tababela, which is the same town that the airport is in. It can save you over an hour each way (and a lot of $$) going to and from Quito.

The hotel is new. Rooms are small but comfortable. Nice mattress and hot shower. They also have water, soft drinks, beer and wine available. Free wifi. DirecTV. And in a quiet neighborhood. And very friendly staff!

They will coordinate your taxi for early morning or late night flights.

Highly recommended for a great place to grab some sleep after a late arrival into Quito, or before an early morning departure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tababela
Wyndham Quito Airport
Casa Joaquin Boutique Hotel
Casa Yaruqui
Casa Yaruqui
#2 of 14 in Tababela

Been to Quito Airport Suites? Share your experiences!