“Surprise Find”

Motel Royal
Fredericton, Canada
“Surprise Find”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stopped here during a long drive to visit family for Christmas. We had never stopped in Témiscouata-sur-le-Lac before so we were not familiar with the area and it was very late (early) when we stopped. I checked my GPS and a couple places came up so I called to see which was cheaper. Motel Royal was a nice place to stop. The room was a good size and the manager was nice, as he came and let us in before they were even open.
It was dark and we were very tired when we arrived, so we didn't even notice that the Motel has a beautiful view until the morning.
The town is quaint with some neat little shops and a bakery where we stopped to grab some croissants for breakfast. I think it would be a nice place to spend a weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kleobee
Tony R, Propriétaire at Motel Royal, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Miss Kleobee,
I know it's been quite a few months that you wrote us this comment, but when I saw it in the last few days, I wanted to take the time to answer you. I am glad that you appreciated your stay with us, even if it was a very short one. I am also happy that you like the tasty treats of the bakery “Tentations Gourmandes” made by a passionate owner, Mister Dany Tardif. I hope that you had a good time with your family during the Christmas days. Thank you very much for your comments and we hope that we will see you during a relaxing weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vegreville Alberta
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had planned our trip through Quebec and picked Cabano as a stopping point. We were greeting by a nice lady who spoke enough English to accommodate my non French language. We were given two rooms (party of four) which were located side by side. Parking is assigned by number so you have a spot by you room. There are little tables and chairs outside your room to sit and enjoy the singing of the birds, the beautiful scenery of the lake. Rooms are very clean, very bright with big windows, have bare necessities, small fridges, a small TV. The bed was firm but comfortable. There is no AC, our day time temp was 23 degrees C, and we found the room to be very comfortable.you are within walking distance of a fairly decent eating establishment. Price was very reasonable. All in all a decent stopping point for our travel party, area has a few things to see and do. No problems staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank firechief-JL
Tony R, Propriétaire at Motel Royal, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Mister Firechief-JL,
I know that a shorter time to answer would be quite more acceptable, but now that I see your comment, I really want to thank you for it. I am so happy that you and your friends had a good time in our little peaceful oasis. As you mentioned, some of our rooms are only air-conditioned by the lake. We have the luck to get a natural refreshing wind for the rooms on the lower level of the main building. The ones on the upper level have an air-conditioning machine. I hope that we will see you again! We have a new protected park where you can cycle or hike, and where you can rent a kayak or do archeology activities. Plenty of new stuff to do!
Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2011

After a long drive, we stopped at 5-6 motels in or near Cabano and this was the best-looking one. It was the right choice.
Satellite TV, clean, quiet, nice-looking room, beautiful bathroom. And unlike a lot of the places we checked out before this one, this had a great pub across the street with great food and great Quebec beers. A must after 8 hours of driving!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I found this motel on line and thought it would just be a nice stop to sleep on our way to Saint John. Well, I was really wrong. It was an amazing spot. We wished we could stay much longer. Tony and his lovely wife were hospitable. We just loved the location, the site, the people, and especially the view.

• Stayed August 2011
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed here for one night, and as low cost Motel's go, this was pretty good.

All our rooms were clean and functional and the view across the lake was pleasant too.

We were just passing through for the night and had a pretty good experience!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank AF-Yorks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Temiscouata-sur-le-Lac
Econo Lodge
#7 of 15 in Temiscouata-sur-le-Lac
Hotel 1212
Hotel 1212
#1 of 1 in Degelis

Been to Motel Royal? Share your experiences!