“Very casual with excellent food”
Review of Hungrys North - CLOSED

Hungrys North
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
South Sioux City, Nebraska
“Very casual with excellent food”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The steaks are cooked over flames where everyone can see. Specials include lamb, fish, steaks, and prime rib. The pork chops can't be beat. The salad bar is adequate. The owner is usually there seating people and visiting.

Sioux City, Iowa
“Original Steak House”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Great local steaks that are cooked on a grill in the middle of the dining room. Still has traditional salad bar which you dont see very often anymore.

Visited September 2011
Nebraska
“Delicious Food -- Fabulous Service”
Reviewed February 3, 2011

We were greated at the door by a cheerful waitress and the owner got us a round of drinks while we waited for a table at the bar. The food was fantastic -- the best steak I have had in a very long time - great flavor, fork tender and cooked to perfection. The salad bar was fresh with a nice selection of options. The waitress was very attentive and continued to bring us drinks with a lovely "here ya go honey or darlin" every time. Clean establishment with it's own local flair - I can't wait to go back!

• Visited February 2011
Lawrence, Kansas
“great steak, looks like a roadhouse”
Reviewed February 22, 2009

While in Sioux City IA, Hungry's was recommended to me as I love locally owned, hole-in-the-wall type restaurants. It didn't disappoint.
I enjoyed the KC Stip steak, tender and cooked to perfection at the open grill about 6 feet from my table. While the side salad was the boring standard iceberg lettuce variety and the baked potato was small and served with fake butter, the steak was so tasty that it won me over and will bring me back next time I'm in town.
The menu listed a variety of chicken, fish, and pork, but I think the reason you go there is to enjoy a steak or prime rib.
Tasty's is a family friendly establishment, at least during the dinner hour.