“So many stays so many great memories”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crawford
Fort Robinson State Park Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Crawford
Reviewed November 2, 2013

If you have children this is a MUST VISIT for a long holiday weekend. Riding the stagecoach over the back rough roads, to seeing the buffalo this place has so many things to do you must spend some time here. The restaurant is just the best for STEAK and I love the homemade pies. Though the gift shop is small they offer quality products and have all price ranges. If you want to learn more about the history or the area there are lots of free publications in the lobby as well as nice books in the store. We always stay in a certain cabin and the rate is perfect for 2. I never bring much food though we have a large frig and stove. There are just too many great places to eat in Crawford and we have to go back to them all. The availability of cell service is just awesome given the age of the property. I have done so much business lounging in my PJ's in the livingroom of my cabin. This is a wonderful stop on the way to and from Mount Rushmore and we just keep coming back for more.

Room Tip: We liked the newer remodeled cabins because of the central air conditioning.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Mary J

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Have had two family reunions at the fort and had a wonderful experience for every age group. We had a large group of around 60 people that stayed in the officer's Commanche Hall. There was plenty of room for everyone with bathrooms in most rooms or a very convenient centrally located bathroom. Beds were comfortable and had no problem getting towel replacements or any other needs taken care of during our stay.
Plenty of activities to do for all ages. I personally went on the chuck wagon breakfast where you are taken up into the bluffs by a horse drawn carriage and served a hot breakfast of eggs, bacon, hash browns and ham.
I also did a float trip which was a good time because of the company, but the water was shallow so some people had to walk and many of the people in the group got leaches stuck to them as well.

Room Tip: Make sure not to plan a short stay to this area...there is a lot more to do than you could imagine a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Linsee S
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at the Fort from Sunday-Thursday in room 204 in the lodge which opens on the second floor porch. The rooms are basic but very clean. We spent very little time in the room so the sparse furnishing were fine. I would recommend both the jeep ride and horseback ride to the buttes. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. The view was incredible. The chuck wagon dinner was OK with buffalo stew and cornbread, but I would try the steak cookout next time. I was told by other guests that it was better. I was happy with the food at the lodge restaurant. Overall, I was surprised at how quiet and peaceful it was throughout the grounds.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jam214
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had room 218 which was inside the main lodge building at the back on the first floor. Room was very basic but it was enough for what we wanted - ie clean, comfy and nice shower. We could walk through a shared lounge area on to the wrap around porch at the front of the building. Some rooms opened straight on to the porch, but there seemed to be a lot of doors banging - very loud. We sat on the porch to use wifi as it was not available in our room.

Food in the lodge restaurant was only ok, not much more than that.

We also went on an open-air jeep ride among the buttes which takes you to the highest point in the park. This was great fun and I would highly recommend it - only $13 for one hour.

This place is different to your standard hotel/motel and for a short stay I highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tracy166
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We arrived at 5:00 pm and left at noon the next day....we were on a schedule, otherwise we would have stayed another night or two!

The fishing is awesome at the fishing ponds. My son was pulling rainbow trout out one-after- another, the fun part was that they really fought....so he had a great time.

The cabin was nice. Huge bathroom. I loved the fact that there was no TV. Actually, my teenage children had so much fun exploring that they didn't even notice!

We went to the museums before we left and really enjoyed learning about the history.

The kids want to go back next summer and spend a couple of days at Fort Robinson....so we will be making a return visit.

Room Tip: Get a cabin if they are available.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Karlen
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This year we rented a 3 story officers barracks that sleep 18. Aways calm, relaxed, and beautiful there with wonderful clean accommodations, and a lot to do there...the are small barracks to rent, there are rooms in the lodge, and camping. I have been happy with all of the places i have stayed there.

Room Tip: Many to choose from..pick by your own needs...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank June P
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Lodge room 207. Very, very basic & sparse room furnishings. This room has no direct access to the shared wrap around porch. Enjoyed the Lodge overall esp. the porch but I cannot recommend this particular room.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank rn4trips124
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawford
Best Western West Hills Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chadron
Super 8 Chadron NE
Super 8 Chadron NE
#6 of 6 in Chadron
Motel 6 Chadron
Motel 6 Chadron
#5 of 6 in Chadron

Been to Fort Robinson State Park Lodge? Share your experiences!