“friendly and the cheapest price around!”

Knights Inn Cozad Lexington Area
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cozad
E
“friendly and the cheapest price around!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Clean room, full size fridge, friendly staff, very near interstate. My GPS took me to the opposite side of the freeway so beware. Stayed here twice this trip - by choice the second time! The staff went out of their way for me several times! Not snazzy, but includes full size fridge, microwave, table, tv, of course.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had a choice between two hotel coupons we found in hotel saver coupon book. The Rodeway Inn (next door) was $5 more and we chose to save the $5 and stay here.

After we received our key, my husband had a hard time parking our tiny VW Golf because of all the construction trucks that were taking up nearly two parking spaces each. Our hotel was upstairs in the middle of two staircases (something that is not appreciated after being awake on the road for 17 hours). The room was old (can't remember any bad smells, though), with mismatched furniture and carpeting that needed to be replaced.

The bed was hard and felt like the mattress was on concrete and the two pillows (for a king sized bed?) were tiny and flat (hurt my husband's neck, not good for having 14 hours of driving ahead of him). No blanket! We got a bottom sheet and a top sheet and a spread, but no blanket. How many times is the spread even washed?

The area was fine, the Rodeway Inn looked a lot nicer. We chose poorly, but next time we won't!
I wish I could rate this place higher, but I can not. I also can't understand the rave reviews. Did my husband and I just get unlucky and get the worst of the bunch of the rooms out there? How did other people park when construction trucks cluttered the parking lot? I'm really confused over this Circle S motel and all the great reviews????

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Knights Inn Cozad Lexington Area, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Hello,
I apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks for your review, since it will help us to provide more good customer service. I feel that you would have called frontdesk for any help or extra requirements. Also king bed has a chair messager which do not match the other furniture since it was available in black colour only at the time of buying. Our room carpet shampoo was scheduled on june 13th and all rooms shampoo was done on that day by commercial cleaning person.
Our King bed room has more amenities than any other room and competitors in our area.
Also extra pillows and blankets are available in room in cradenza in all rooms.
For your kind information parking and rooms in any motel or hotel is depending on availability and time of arrival. Also our competitor do not have any reserved parkings for specific rooms.
I appreciate your time to put a review which will help us in future customer service.
Thanks.

Travelers are raving about these Cozad hotels

Oberlin, Ohio
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My mother and I stayed for several nights at the Circle S three years ago (the date of my travel is incorrect, but I couldn't choose the right year). It was by far and away the best and cheapest accommodation we had on our entire trip from Indiana to Colorado. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and clean. We greatly appreciated the large fridge to stash our leftovers and lunch-makings. We used the big table to spread out our maps and reading materials. We did our laundry in the clean, well-kept laundry room. My mother ate a lovely free breakfast every morning in the restaurant. We even found great postcards in the lobby. Didn't get to use the pool - it was too early in the year - but it looked inviting and well-maintained. And the price was extremely reasonable. It was especially nice to have the owners help us in our search for old family members. Don't know how the owners do it, especially with big-name competition across the road, but I'd stay here anytime over a chain motel.

Room Tip: Microwaves are available, just ask
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Circle S Motel was a pleasant surprise. This was the cheapest place we could find within 100 miles, and we're glad we did. Price was $37 before taxes (with coupon on their website), which can't be beat. Room was clean, and had a TV, full sized refrigerator, and a decent bathroom/vanity area. The owner was pleasant and friendly, even though we had obviously woken him up at 1am to check in. This is not a five star hotel, but if you are looking for a clean, decent, and cheap place to stay, then this is it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Kansas
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Circle S was an excellent choice . The rates are nice and the rooms are nice. Would stay there again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

A pleasant surprise when looking for a place for the night going through Nebraska. This is an older motel that has been kept up nicely. The rooms were large and CLEAN. The outside was very tidy. They claimed they had refrigerators in the rooms. I only wish I had something to put in it because I believe it was larger than my first apartment refrigerator. They could freshen up the sheets and towels though. Don't misread this, they were clean but a little thin. To top it off it was half the price of other interstate motels.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Jfay2101
Highland, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2012

we paid twice as much the night before for half the value.
We were so pleasantly surprised by all the advantages mentioned in the other rave reviews. I'm thinking that the objections in older reviews have been remedied. It was very clean, linens, bath, and ALL. The full sized 'frige was perfect, we asked to use a micro-wave and they happily brought one to the room. Spacious, all the comforts, well organized, we will go back when traveling I-80. So convenient.

Room Tip: we were in room 204
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cozad
Comfort Suites Gothenburg
#2 of 3 in Gothenburg
Days Inn - Lexington NE
Days Inn - Lexington NE
#5 of 5 in Lexington

Been to Knights Inn Cozad Lexington Area? Share your experiences!