“Classic small-town cafe with some menu twists - worth the trip!”
Review of Green Apple Cafe

Green Apple Cafe
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Cozad
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 23, 2011

On a trip to Colorado, we stopped in Cozad, NE. The hotel staff recommended the Green Apple Cafe for supper. Forever on the search for the perfect apple dumpling, we didn't hesitate to try it out. We got the last table on a Wednesday night. The menu had a good variety. I got to try something new -- a bacon peanut butter burger! It was actually quite good! My husband had a "normal" bacon cheeseburger which was also good. And we were in luck -- they did indeed have apple dumplings. We got the last one! We gave it a 7.5 on a scale of 1-10 -- so good, but not the best. Haven't found that one yet!

1  Thank Ydstoti
There are newer reviews for Green Apple Cafe

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We ate supper at the Green Apple Cafe after reading about it here on TripAdvisor. The service was fast; the food was good and plentiful. No room for the renowned pies so we can't comment on them. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone & everyone.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I was driving x-country with my teen daughter and craving Cherry Pie. My daughter researched every exit off of I-80 until she found the Green Apple Cafe. What a find. A quaint diner with approximately FIFTEEN different pie choices. And the pie was AMAZING. (We had cherry, and raspberry peach - both ala mode.) A terrific stop on the lo-o-o-ong stretch of I-80 between Chicago and Denver.

1  Thank spekkala
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We recently stopped in Cozad to eat. We would have never visited the Green Apple Cafe if it was not recommended by the hotel staff. It is located downtown in Cozad. The Cafe is like stepping back in time and does not have anything that would have drawn us to think it was a good restaurant. Don't be turned off by the plain decor. The food makes up for any lack of decorating. We ordered the chicken fried steak . It was amazing. The homemade coconut cream pie was so good, we ordered more for carry-out. My husband said, "If we are ever near Cozad again, I will be eating here.". It felt like grandma was in the back preparing our meal.

1  Thank KCworldexplorer