“Quaint Small Town Diner”
Review of Green Apple Cafe

Green Apple Cafe
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Cozad
Cuisines: Cafe, Diner, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Marshalltown, Iowa
“Quaint Small Town Diner”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We ate supper at the Green Apple Cafe after reading about it here on TripAdvisor. The service was fast; the food was good and plentiful. No room for the renowned pies so we can't comment on them. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone & everyone.

• Visited September 2011

New York City, New York
“Best food stop on I-80. Even worth a detour.”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I was driving x-country with my teen daughter and craving Cherry Pie. My daughter researched every exit off of I-80 until she found the Green Apple Cafe. What a find. A quaint diner with approximately FIFTEEN different pie choices. And the pie was AMAZING. (We had cherry, and raspberry peach - both ala mode.) A terrific stop on the lo-o-o-ong stretch of I-80 between Chicago and Denver.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank spekkala
Olathe, Kansas
“Delicious Homecooking - Chicken Fried Steak and Amazing Pie”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We recently stopped in Cozad to eat. We would have never visited the Green Apple Cafe if it was not recommended by the hotel staff. It is located downtown in Cozad. The Cafe is like stepping back in time and does not have anything that would have drawn us to think it was a good restaurant. Don't be turned off by the plain decor. The food makes up for any lack of decorating. We ordered the chicken fried steak . It was amazing. The homemade coconut cream pie was so good, we ordered more for carry-out. My husband said, "If we are ever near Cozad again, I will be eating here.". It felt like grandma was in the back preparing our meal.

• Visited July 2011