“Excellent”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Alexandria, Minnesota
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is one of the best HIE I have stayed in, from the lobby to the rooms it was a super clean property and very well maintained. The beds were comfortable and very clean, there is a microwave and fridge. We normally don't take time for the breakfast, but Melaine assured me I should try the cinnamon rolls and we did they were great, that is the only thing we tried, but it looked well stocked with fresh fruit! When we checked in Mallory was WONDERFUL, she has such a wonderful personality as did Melaine I would give them a ten if it was available instead of the 5. You won't go wrong from the FANTASTIC service to the super clean rooms with this motel!

Room Tip: Fourth floor and rooms on the back away from the highway noise is best
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback regarding your most recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that your breakfast experience was a pleasant one.We are constantly striving to improve the food items that we offer at our breakfast and it is encouraging to hear when our guest enjoy them. I will be very happy to share your comments with our entire staff. Dan Groene General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at the H.I. Express in Columbus for one night while on business.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was available in the lobby area and was quite good as free breakfasts go.

The room was quiet and clean, and the bed clean.

Overall a good place to stay, providing everything I expect from the HI Express brand.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dan G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Columbus NE. We are always excited to hear that we have met your expectations. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Decent hotel, but the room price was higher than necessary, and quite a bit higher than some of the other choices in town. The bed was very uncomfortable, hard and not up to a level expected of this price range. Shower was outdated. Breakfast was good. Rooms were a bit on the small side, and the customer service was only just ok, and a bit lacking when I wanted to change rooms. For the price and service, I would stay at other hotels in Columbus in the future.

• Stayed December 2013
Dan G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Columbus NE. We do apologize that your stay was not excellent. Our management will go over the issues you had with the entire staff. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Mayer, Minnesota
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and two nieces were traveling to Denver from MN and stopped to spend the night in NE. We didn't research hotels - just planned to stop when we we were tired so I was concerned about what we might end up with. I am pretty fussy. I am a regular business traveler and get pretty anal about the hotels I stay at. i want above all else, value, attractive rooms, conveniences and comfort. This place exceeded all expectations. Friendly greeting/check-in (late evening - early morning actually). Room was small but very nice - clean - functional and comfortable. It was modern and attractive, I like that - I really hate dated rooms. This room (standard with two double beds) were modern and tastefully done. Perfect for our purposes. The breakfast was very good and convenient. Felt I got a lot for my money.

Room Tip: The room we had, had two double beds - the room was small but offer all the conveniences. Very clean...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dan G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Columbus, NE. We know that you have many choices so we do value each and every guest that stays with us. We always strive to make your stay excellent!! Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Having been a weekly business traveler to Columbus, NE since Oct, 2013 and staying at the Holiday Day Inn Express Hotel from the start, I have absolutely enjoyed each stay. Everything has been par excellence at this hotel – friendly and more than eager to help staff (all of them!), clean rooms, breakfast, happy hour – everything! All in all, every week has been a comfortable stay and that is what I, as a business traveler expect from my frequent hotel stays and this hotel provides me with that. This is the only hotel I will be staying at while I am returning to this location week after week, during the course of the year! Needless to say more, I strongly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Columbus, NE!!

Room Tip: I have stayed at High-floor rooms. The rooms towards the back are a bit more quieter although I have...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dan G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Columbus NE. We are pleased to hear that we reached our goal of excellence for your most recent stay! Thanks again and we do hope to see you soon!!
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The rooms were very large and extremely clean. The indoor pool and fitness center were also very well kept. The breakfast was amazing! Hot, fresh and well stocked. Staff went above and beyond. Excellent!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank aweedin
Dan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Columbus NE. I have shared your comments with the staff and everyone is very pleased that we reached our # 1 goal and that is to make your stay pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the very near future. Thanks again!!
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express is excellent choice in Columbus Nebraska. It has good location, relaxing lobby area, clean rooms and Walmart store just beside the hotel. Personnel were very nice and service in the lobby area during Happy Hour was very good. They serve decent Happy Hour appetizers with draft beer or wine as well. I recommend it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Columbus NE. We are always very pleased to hear your comments about our hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!