“Wonderful staff made the difference”

Holiday Inn Express Columbus
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Western Colorado
“Wonderful staff made the difference”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Columbus Holiday Inn Express is a nice place to stay. It does have a chlorine pool smell throughout the building but other than that, the rooms are nice. The staff was amazing during our stay. The lady who ran the continental breakfast was always so helpful (I was traveling alone with my 2-year-old). She would grab my daughter fruit out of the back and got me half-and-half anytime I needed a cup of coffee. Very conveniently located, too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about the Holiday Inn Express in Columbus NE. We are always very excited to hear that we made you feel welcome and that your stay was excellent! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed September 4, 2013

But sadly, that's not saying a whole lot.

The room was huge, the beds were fantastic and there were plenty of pillows. The pool was fairly small, but I have seen smaller.

There was more truck noise than I expected, but then I also expected to be harassed by the train, but I never heard the train. I was on the back side facing the fields, so that might have helped with the train.

My shower head wasn't working properly, but I didn't remember to report it to management. There was a horrible smell of manure outside that managed to make its way into the lobby area -- I don't suppose there's a whole lot the hotel could do about that. They managed as best they could and the smell never seemed to make it to the elevators. It was definitely coming from outside. It would have been nice if smokers were encouraged to be further away from the entry doors though.

The breakfast is abundant, but rather gross. The food is all industrial, precooked, prepackaged food that is heated up in trays in a convection oven. It was all very low quality - but again, there's not much else in Columbus and I ate it because I didn't expect to find any better.

Room Tip: Ask for the back.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a very nice facility. Definitely the best in Columbus. There was a couple of snags with our room, however the staff took care of everything and really made us feel welcome. The beds were great and even though the hotel was full our room was quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
omaha, nebraska
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a newer Holiday Inn Express and comes with all the newer amenities. The rooms are bigger, very clean, the A/C is fantastic, and the hotel has a pretty great collection of DVDs you can check out. The management also hosts a reception with appetizers and beer/wine most nights from 5pm-7pm. There is nothing like having a cold beer after working outside all day! I've stayed at a few of the hotels in the Columbus area and this one is definitely your best bet for a comfortable, quiet, clean place.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to highway/street noise, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. The f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank amy c
Joyce N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice comments about our hotel and staff! I have shared this with the entire staff. We strive very hard to make your stay excellent and meet all your expectations. Thank you and we really do hope to see you again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed for 1 night and I was satisfied. Giving it 5 stars is a bit of a stretch. Nothing was really wrong and it was just what I rated it. Average.

Checkin
No problems and off to my room in a matter of minutes.

Room
Huge. More than enough space to dance if you were so inclined. A little bit dated but nothing to worry about. No stains or anything gross.

Bed
Average HIE bed.

Bathroom
Good size again and no problem getting hot water right away.

Small Dorm Fridge
There was one in my room. I even forgot some drinks in there.

Iron
I iron everything and the iron sucked. Plus the bottom was so disgusting I had to wipe it off with a towel so it didnt stain my clothes.

TV
Ton of channels but no channel list so you are stuck flipping to find your programs.

Internet
Decent internet speed all day and night.

Breakfast
Same ol breakfast at all HIE. The size of the room was OK. there was a large group there when I arrived so they took up most of the tables.

Check out
Again no problems

Overall I was satisfied. 3/5 is not bad at all its just not a 5/5 Le Meridian. If I was back in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear ktscott01,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cold Spring, Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

From the minute we got there, we noticed the difference. Checkin and check out was great and Joe made my day! Joe put on a clinic on service! Our room was very clean. The bed was great, shower wonderful and breakfast perfect. Thanks for a great stay!!!

• Stayed July 2013
YounesMGMT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, we know there are many wonderful choices! I have passed along these wonderful comments to our staff and it was recieved with smiles. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Columbus Nebraska.
Greencastle, Indiana
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent a little more on this room than the others while we were on vacation but you could definately see the difference! The room was amazing and comfortable. We were traveling with my elderly parents and it gave my daughter and I a chance to relax in the pool/whirlpool while my parents relaxed in our room. (much needed mini break!) The breakfast wasreally good.. Everything you could possibly think of was available. The staff were all so friendly.. I would recommend this hotel to anyone anytime!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel. We strive to make our guests feel welcome while also having the best stay possible. We hope you choose us again on your next trip to Columbus Nebraska!