“Best hotel experience in a long time.”

Victorian Inn North Columbus
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I called to make reservations, and Tammy helped us. She was professional, organized, and friendly. She was able to make the reservation in just a few minutes. When we checked in, Tammy was again at the desk. She was friendly, dressed professionally, and quickly checked us in. Upon entering our room, I could tell immediately that although it was a non-smoking room, it had been smoked in. When I returned to the desk, Tammy quickly changed us out to another room and apologized. That was so nice. It is very insulting when you come to the desk with a problem, and the desk person asks you if you are sure; like maybe I made a mistake and the room was not smoked in.
Our room, 101 was large, clean and comfortable. The man who worked Christmas Day at the front desk was also very professionally dressed, friendly, and asked how our room was. The house keeping staff checked on us several times.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank h3anesthesia

Reviewed October 16, 2010

The Victorian hotel is a great Value for your money. Very Clean, large rooms with Frig. and micowave included free and a deluxe breakfast included all for $62. per night for 2 people! There is an inside and outside entrance to your room, close to everything in town. Most of the other hotels are around $99. to up to $199. per night . Very friendly people who run it and go out of their way to help you. Also 24 hrs coffee in Lobby. Breakfast is started at 5:00 am until 9:30am Must book by phone as they have no prices on the internet. They are in the aaa book too. Going that way for 1-3 nights check this place out!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WILDDOG
Reviewed August 26, 2010

This is a nice decent place to stay in Columbus. It is NOT some hidden gem as others have characterized it. The bed was comfortable, the curtain rod in the shower needed some work. No coffee maker offered in the room but it did have a frig and a microwave. Lighting was dim in the room and very dim in the bathroom due to low wattage florescent bulbs. Lots of channels on an older TV (sorry, no HD LCD). Breakfast was a little bleak with a crock pot of sausage gravy, hard boiled eggs, bananas, toaster waffles, OJ, milk, coffee, off brand cereal, toast and rolls, biscuits, etc. Not a bad value for the money (approx $60). Located in West Columbus, an area that is suffering from some vacant hotels and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2008

We were put in a guest room next to an equipment room that had some kind of compresser in it that made a loud sound every 22 minutes. It was impossible for me to get more than a few snatches of sleep. I complained to the desk and the first person said it was the ice machine. That turned out not to be the case. The second person said it was some machine in the storage room but they didn't have the key. They said that they had many complaints about room 108 because of this. Apparently there is also a room on the second floor that has the same problem. The next morning after no sleep I asked to speak to the manager and was told he was not available. They called him at home and he said that he would make some adjustment on the bill but I was not told how much. I asked for him to call me the next day and left my number. When he did not call in the morning I called back and was told he had left for the day. The staff were nice but had to deal with all the problems with little help from the owner/manager. I would not stay here again. Apparently there is a big construction project going on in Columbus right now so many rooms are rented out to construction workers therefore they are not too concerned about keeping the average traveler happy.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2008

It was the worst stay I have ever had! The staff, he said he was the owner was so rude! i had paid with a credit card, he entered the wrong amount in of $660 instead of $60. He did refund my account, but the $660 was still pulled and my account was over drawn, whiched caused an over draft fee of $30. I called several times and he is refusing to help me, saying it wasn't there fault. DO NOT STAY AT ANY VICTORIA INNS!!!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed December 3, 2007

We started our vacatioin with our first stay at the Victorian Inn. It was reasonably price (63) we had our dogs with that was$5 extra. The people were nice, they served a very nice breakfast the room was clean and large. I would deffinately stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2007

They greeted me with a smile . Rooms are large & clean. Breakfast was delicious - fruit, cereal, waffles & biscits & gravy - what a choice. Checked out with a smile. --It's best to call ahead as we regulars do a good job of keeping them full up.
See you there -- JH - Ia.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business