“Good Food, but Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Skeeter Barnes

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: ph 402) 562-0030
Kearney, Nebraska, United States
“Good Food, but Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have eaten at a few Skeeter Barnes locations, and generally the food is consistent. The portions are large, the sides are "all you care to eat" they offer bread and warm towels after your meal. This location was no different as for the food and amenities, however the service was lacking. All of the servers spent most of their time in some back room out of sight, when they did appear they looked as if they had been eating in the back. My server in particular was very poor. After I received my food I did not see my server again until I was finished. I needed a refill on my water about 1/2 way through my meal but didn't see a server around to help. I finally got a refill when I asked for my check. I left a message for the server to practice his skills, hopefully he learns something. I did tip, but not nearly as generously as usual.

• Visited May 2014

Columbus, NE
“Good barbeque”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The meals were good and there was plenty of food. We tok some of the meat home for a sandwich the next day. The atmosphere was okay and the service was quick and efficient. We had a nice and relaxing meal.

• Visited September 2013
“Go somewhere else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

1st time i went there cold salad served on a hot plate which melted my cheese. Blooming onion was soaked in old oil. 2 nd time the potatos were so over cooked they were hard as bricks. 3rd and last time was frozen pieces of lettuce in salad which was mushy. Drinks so strong it made us ill. Cheese on our nachos were so thick and came out cold. There was of course other things very wrong but take my word for it, go somewhere else.

• Visited February 2014
Prim, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The food is actually decent but the wait staff was horrible. We had to get up and go ask for refills. They were not busy! We had a table of twelve so they stuck us with a 20 percent tip on our bill. I guess if I didnt have to work for my money I would have done the same.

Visited November 2013
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Going Down Hill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times over the last three years. Food and service have constantly gone down hill. Sent another meal back. Won't be back. Manager asked if my smoked sausage dinner was "too burnt". Smoked sausage shouldn't be burnt in the first place.