“Thankful”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Chadron
Nebraska
“Thankful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Chadron is a rather remote location and we are thankful to find a clean place to stay there. The Best Western is not fancy, but friendly, clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful and we enjoyed 3 nights there while attending our family reunion in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Miles B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN West Hills Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Hello 123456grands,

I am so glad to hear that your family reunion went over well. We work hard to provide friendly service and ultra clean rooms, and I'm always so glad to hear that you appreciate our attention to detail. If you're ever in the area again, I hope you will get in touch with us. Thank you for your kind words.

Miles Bannan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is the first Best Western I have stayed at since I was kid with my parents. It is a nice hotel and probably the nicest in Chadron. Not a 4 star, but I have no complaints about it at all. If my travels take me through the area again I would stay there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Miles B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN West Hills Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hey lovetotravelfamily4,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel and I am so glad you enjoyed your time here. We are proud to be a Best Western, and I do hope you'll consider visiting other Best Westerns in your travels.

Best wishes to you, and I hope we'll be seeing you again before long.

Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are big and everything seems new or fairly new. Carpet is clean. Pool area looks nice but we didn't use it. Otherwise motel is sort of old school with a small separate shower area and little sink area. It is a motel and all rooms either open to the parking lot or a patio area. Breakfast was ok although I got there about 15 before it closed and most stuff was out and shortly after they started packing it away. We stayed here because we were coming through this part of the country and wanted to see Mount Rushmore. Everything closer to Rushmore was booked due to the motorcycle rally at the time.

Stayed August 2014
Miles B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN West Hills Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hello s8epilot,

Thank you for your excellent review and for taking such nice pictures. Just to add some context, that is one of our standard rooms. We have rooms on the East and North side of the building that we refer to as mini-suites. The standard rooms with either one king or two queen beds are our lowest rates year round, but the mini-suites are only $10 more and they do have a larger, more traditional bathroom instead of the split motel-style bathroom.

I hope you enjoyed your time in the Black Hills, and I hope we'll be able to take care of you next time you are in the area.

Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Rooms were very spacious. The beds were comfortable. Staff at the time of check-in was very helpful and prompt when we requested an extra blanket. The pool area was nice and very clean. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Amy,

It is good to hear that you enjoyed your room and that our staff was able to provide excellent service for you. Many of our rooms are mini-suites, which offer more space are more recently updated. Additionally, many have wet bars and are located near the pool. These rooms are only $10 more than a standard, which is a great deal.

Best wishes to you in your future travels, thank you for your kind words.

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great place and friendly staff. We were on a motorcycle trip and they had car wash materials for us to use. We were also allowed to park on the patio area right outside our rooms. The beds were super comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Greetings Kelli,

Thank you for your kind words. We really enjoy taking care of the biker crowd every summer, and we get a lot of great feedback about bike parking on the patio and our bike wash station. We have rags and a spray hose available for anybody who wants to get cleaned up after a long day on the road.

I hope you enjoyed your trip, and I hope we'll be seeing you again soon.

The Villages, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Reservations made over the phone with a friendly agent. Arrival and check in pleasant. Room was spacious with the furnishings dated but functional. Bed comfortable. Housekeeping was very good. No noise problems at all despite numerous motorcyclists staying due to a rally in SD. Food selection for breakfast quite limited. Hotel staff quite friendly and accommodating. If in area again would stay here, especially speaking with colleagues who stayed in other hotels in town.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and I hope we will be seeing you again soon. We take pride in our excellent service and clean rooms, and our breakfast lineup is always being updated. Safe travels to you, and please do not hesitate to get in touch with me if there is anything I can do.

Denver, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I book around 3 hotel stays per week for my workers who travel for construction. This is the worst experience I've had in a very long time. I was charged for nights that we didn't stay even though I did not make reservations that the management claimed I made and I pre-negotiated for the duration of the project that was only honored one night. I fill out review all of the time for the various stays that I book and this is the only negative one I've ever posted. I'm extremely dissatisfied and I will avoid this hotel unless it's my last resort. For a simple stay I'm sure it's fine if everything is pre-paid and your schedule is concrete. My review is simply on the poor service that I received from the management. The employees, grounds and rooms were fine.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Hello Daniel,

I am sorry that you had a poor experience with our hotel and that I was unable to provide you with full refunds for the rooms that you did not use. During our busy season, we are unable to provide refunds for no shows and we do require 24 hours notice for cancellations. We do our best to accommodate guests' flexible schedules, but we cannot guarantee a refund for an empty room.

Additionally, negotiated rates must always go through me directly. After our conversation, I spoke to all of the front desk staff and reminded them that any fixed rates beyond a single stay must be approved by me. I am not sure who would promised you a fixed rate, or why they would have made such a promise, but I do apologize for the misunderstanding.

I would be happy to work with you in the future, especially as we exit the busiest part of the year. During the off-season, I can offer much more flexibility on scheduling and a lower, fixed rate. Feel free to call me at any time at (308) 432-3305 or email westhillsinnchadron@hotmail.com. Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review.

Miles Bannan

Been to BEST WESTERN West Hills Inn? Share your experiences!