“One of the best in the Area”

Best Western West Hills Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Chadron
Lincoln, Ne, United States
“One of the best in the Area”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Staff was very friendly, rooms were clean and quiet. Very restful stay and I would definitely return the next time I'm in Chadron. Was there for work after a long day of traveling so really needed a good night's rest and I got that. I also heard from my work colleagues that the breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Miles B, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Stacy,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me or any of the staff members know if there is anything we can do to improve your stay next time you are in town. Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to leave feedback for us.

Miles Bannan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Okay, that doesn't say much considering the other hotels I saw driving around. The hotel ahs a kind of cheap feel to it. We were on the ground floor but it was still wood and was noisy when walking around. Most hotels are concrete. One nice feature on the ground level is most (if not all) rooms have an entrance from the parking lot and another that leads to the hall, so it's great for loading and unloading and we were able to park in front of our room every time.

The complimentary breakfast (eggs, sausage patties, waffles, etc.) was nice and while not outstanding, was free and convenient.

They have a wide variety of cable channels, but the reference guide is outdated and the TV guide channel was no longer available.

Pool was nice for the kids, but the furniture was hard plastic and uncomfortable. The hot tub was more like bathwater and the jets didn't work.

Room Tip: Get a ground level room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Miles B, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Douglas,

I appreciate you saying that we are the best in town, and I do have to agree. However, I am disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations. If there is anything we can do to improve your experience for next time, please do not hesitate to contact me at (308) 432-3305.

We are constantly updating the hotel, and I recommend you request a room on the South side of the building next time. Those rooms do have a concrete floor on the first level, and have been remodeled more recently. They are also larger and are located right next to the pool.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I hope we'll be able to take care of you again soon.

Lincoln, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was great. This is a quiet location with a nice view of the countryside. The parking lot is large and well lit. All city services are very close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Miles B, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Nelson,

I am so glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. Many travelers talk about the great view, as we are located on top of a hill on the South side of Chadron. There's a beautiful view of the Pine Ridge right from our front door.

If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for me.

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This older hotel has two floors and no elevator. The floors in our second floor room creaked badly, and even the tub creaked. We could hear people talking in the room below us. Breakfast eggs and sausage tasted strange, and coffee was from an instant coffee machine. Wal-Mart is across the street. Beds were comfortable and the cost was reasonable, so I am giving an 'average' rating based on that.

Room Tip: Two floors and no elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We take pride in keeping the hotel up to date, but I do understand that there are some noise issues in parts of the hotel. I do hope you will give us another chance. If you return, I would advise you to request a room in the South portion of the building. The rooms were constructed more recently, and are a better fit for those looking for a more luxurious experience.

Chadron, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very nice except make sure you have a room on the first floor if you have a lot of luggage. Steep stairs and no elevator. The clerk at the desk was wonderful. The breakfast was limited but good. Room was clean and comfortable with enough electrical outlets for all my gadgets!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you have any suggestions to improve our breakfast offerings, I would like to hear them. Please feel free to contact me at (308) 432-3305 or westhillsinnchadron@hotmail.com.

Jackson Miss.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Wife and I stayed here for one night in September. Arrived late, but staff was friendly and courteous, and offered us a late (really late) check out the next day. Thanks! The rooms are huge, comfy, and clean. Parking is easy, and the location is right in the center of the little town.

When in town, check out the Nebraska state park, about 5 miles away. fun place to run.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JacksonGuy
Miles B, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you'll be visiting us again soon. We like to refer people to Chadron State Park, as well as Fort Robinson State Park, Toadstool Park, Hudson Meng Bison Bison Kill, Agate Fossil Beds, and the Museum of the Fur Trade. If you'd ever like to come visit some of the other excellent attractions in the area, we would love to take care of you.

Saratoga WY
Reviewed September 23, 2013

After a very long drive, we were pleased to have something clean and spacious. The hotel isn't fancy, but is immaculate. There is a good, simple restaurant next door, and Walmart is right across the way. This is just the kind of place we needed on a long road trip - easy, clean, and well-priced.

Room Tip: We were on the side farthest from the highway and entrance, and didn't have any trouble with noi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Miles B, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so well. The convenient location is definitely a plus for many travelers, as we are close to Chadron State College in addition to Country Kitchen and Wal-Mart. I hope we'll be able to take care of you on another road trip in the near future. Thank you.