“Great value/friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westerner Motel

Westerner Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chadron
Westerner Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Chadron
Douglas
“Great value/friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was a great room, very reasonable, clean, and the owners and staff were very friendly and nice. It was the first week of Sturgis bike rally, and there were lots of bikes, too. It was great! Enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had read the reviews on line and when we arrived, there was nothing "special" about the look of the place. However, our room was super clean, really nicely arranged, nothing worn or old, and just plain nice! Plus, the people who manage were so helpful, so nice, hospitality with a plus. I can see why people return each time. No worries, no hassle, just a relaxing stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was a very nice motel, older but updated and the people who own it are just the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. The price was unbelievably low, I thought. I can't remember which room I stayed in, possibly room 14, maybe 15, but it was next to the room with the white screen door. Stay in any room but the room I stayed in. My bed is up against the wall of the room with the screen door that people go in and out of constantly and they BANG the door. I was so exhausted - I'd had a very long drive to get there and laid down for a rest and BANG! I was awake. This happened four or five times in a row until I totally freaked and started screaming and banging on the wall but it did no good. I was afraid to go outside and confront anyone in case they became argumentative, so, I got up and went to eat and it was late when I got back and at that time, no more banging. I thought this was a lovely motel with really nice people and if it wasn't for the particular room I was in I'd give this place five stars. I'm hoping they'll see this, you just make sure you ask for any room other than one next to the white screen door.

Room Tip: Do NOT get one of the rooms by the white screen door
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Stuttgart, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and four of his friends were traveling to the 2013 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and were trying to find rooms. They were 50 miles away and couldn't find any rooms because of Softball tournaments. They called me in a in a panic asking if I would go online and find them rooms. There was nothing left in Chadron and then I found this wonderful small " Mom &Pop " motel called the Westerner Motel. The owner was so very helpful and sweet and could tell that this wife was worried about the bikers in her life finding a room to get the rest they all needed to continue there trip to Sturgis. Not only did they have rooms they made room for all five bikers to have there own individual rooms. They called me after checking in and told me how great full full they were, the owners were fantastic to them and the rooms were the cleanest they had stayed in since leaving Arkansas! Thank You Westerner Motel for your help!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Haxtun
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

On a spur of the moment road trip to the pan handle of Nebraska on a weekend prior to Sturgis days could turn into a major headache, but because of the fantastic owners of the Westerner, we had a great trip. After spending an entire morning on the phone and internet trying to find 2 rooms for Fri and Sat nights, I was able to come up with a Friday night room, thinking I would have to deal with the Sat night room. We were planning to go to Fort Robinson for the playhouse on Sat night and the only option was going clear back to Alliance which would mean a hour and half trip late night. When we checked in on Fri night, we visited with Mardi about thinking of us first in case of a cancellation. The next morning we woke to a rainy day and after visiting with Mardi again, she thought she would for sure have rooms for us again that evening. We were so pleased with our rooms. Ours was a double queen and the other was a single queen, both rooms very large and comfortable, with micro and fridge. There were 2 comfortable chairs, our bath had a walk in shower. Beds, pillows and linens were all acceptable. Easy to reach and park in front of our room. All were ground level so no stairs. Eateries were close at hand. The price of this room was great. We have stayed in rooms for a lot more money and not as nice as this one was. As we had to change rooms, the owners told me they would wait for us to return from the playhouse for us to get our key to our different room. All of the above are PROS for this facility. The only CONS are not in room coffee maker or hair dryers.

Room Tip: If possible get a room further from the street. Busy street, so noticed the traffic more.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Helmond, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Grand Westerner Motel (same owner) unfortunately is not on Tripadvisor.
Which really is too bad! We stayed just one night but found it to be our best motel during the 10-day trip we took in SD, KS and NE.
Clean rooms, very kind managers, plenty of towels, good toilet, nice outside space, free coffee :-)
And it was priced fairly; great stay for the traveller!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chadron, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed in the grand westerner for 3 days and i got bit up by bed bugs. i came back after christmas to his other motel westerner and told him he called me a liar and didnt believe me. he said he just had it gone through and sprayed they didnt find any bed bugs. a few night later he comes to my room and chews me out telling the guys i work with about it. he said they came in with me my bag or clothes that it could have been a spider or somthing. i know that is not that case that it was his motel that i got bit up at and nothing came from my house or bags and i know it wasnt a spider. I dont appricate being called a lair or cussed out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business