“best place in the state of NB”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chadron
Olde Main Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Chadron B&B and Inns
Casper, Wyoming
“best place in the state of NB”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Olde Main Street Inn numerous times in the past few years and would not even consider staying anywhere else. The rooms are historic and quaint. Jeannie and Evva are both lovely and gracious hosts and are a mine of information about local history, what to do in Chadron, local politics and anything else you might want to know. I've always been greeted with a complimentary drink in the Long Branch Saloon and the great rolls, fruit and coffee in the morning are something to look forward to. Probably the most fun is just sitting in the Long Branch in the evening and visiting with the other travelers, Jeannie and Evva and all of the wonderful folks from Chadron. Truly my very favorite place to stay anywhere in the U.S.

Room Tip: I try to stay in a different room each time as each room is unique. Each room is a treasure trove...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mary j

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Staying in this unique historic hotel is like taking a trip back to the old west. Jeanne is the owner and on sight manager, and she is not only a friendly and gracious host but is extremely knowledgeable in the local folk lore. This was truly a western experience. And for those who are antique buffs this place is loaded.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ona k
Chadron
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Olde Main Street Inn on numerous occasions when visiting Chadron on business and have never been disappointed. Each room has its own unique theme and is furnished with period-appropriate antiques and other vintage items and artwork. Although located near the railroad, most rooms are very quiet and cozy because the building is constructed of solid brick walls over a foot thick. Five great restaurants are within a four-block walking distance radius of the Inn, plus pizzas and other muchies are available at the 77 Long Branch Saloon downstairs on the first floor. The crowd at the Long Branch is just as diverse as the decor upstairs, an assortment of college students and faculty, ranchers, bikers, artists, writers, and musicians. The bar is equipped with pool tables, Keno, a sixties vintage jukebox (loaded with classic vinyl) and a piano for entertainment. Every guest receives complimentary homemade cinammon rolls and coffee in the morning and a free welcome drink upon check-in. If you are looking for other things to do while in town there's a movie theater on the next block plus five more bars within a three block radius, and at least one usually has a live band or Open Mike on the weekends. You're only about 25 miles from the Black Hills, where towns like Crawford and Hot Springs have more historic locations to explore. All rooms have free wireless internet access which is just as fast as what I have in my own office. I have my own building in Chadron now and still include the Olde Main Street Inn first on my list of favorite hangouts.

Room Tip: My favorites are the Cowboy and Railroad rooms on the southeast corner of the third floor, a great v...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Nebraska
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The first time I came to the Olde Main Street Inn I tried to check in at the nearby Police Station by mistake. The kind Sargeant informed me they usually did not get reservations. When I informed Evva, the owner, she bought the bar a round of drinks. I have stayed there probably one hundred times since. IAll of the rooms are within stagger distance of the bar. When I travel the western part of Nebraska the Olde Main is where I stay. The rooms are acceptable though not the cookiie cutter standard boxes we are used to. Jeanie and Evva are fantastic. Do not throw dice with Evva for beers and she is not Al Gore's cousin either. At the bar be ready to argue Iraq with 20 somethings and 'Nam with 60 somethings. You can buy books from local authors. You can stay a day but you will have a friend forever.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I've been coming to the Olde Main Street Inn for over 20 years and I can't hardly wait until the next time! The first time was coincidental, but the rest have been by choice. If you don't walk in the door and fall in love with Jeannie, I'm sorry, I can't help you. She is so genuine and kind to folks, no matter your walk of life. She is a friend to all and when you leave there, you are a member of her extended family. A very intelligent, well read lady who plays the part of the Inn Keeper perfectly! The hospitality is second to none. Both the area and the Inn itself are rich in history and she can take you on a tour, all from the comfort of the stool you pull up and enjoy a beverage with her. I love the character of the place! We have stayed in the Railroad room, the cowboy room, and the best is the General Miles Suite! A 3 room suite, well decorated with the style and character of the Inn Keeper.
Staying any place else is just a place to sleep. The Olde Main Street Inn is a treasure to be experienced!

Room Tip: Each room has a different theme. Ask about them and pick one! The General Miles Suite is awesome!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank watermelonwine
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Old Main Street Inn many times over the years. I first stayed at the Hotel back in the early 70’s. My dad brought me and my brothers to the area when we came of age to start deer hunting. Now my brothers and I bring our sons and we all stay at the Old Main Street Inn during hunting season. The Hotel has so much character and charm that I wouldn’t think about staying any place else. If you are looking for the Ritz Carlson type of hotel this isn’t the place for you. But if you are looking for an experience like no other this is the place. The Long Branch Bar brings back memories from yester-year. If you let your imagination loose you can almost feel that old west atmosphere. The local patrons are very friendly and treat you like a friend. More then likely on your stay you will make a good friend. I have made so many friends I feel at home when I’m staying here.

As for the hotel it has so much character that it is an experience you won’t get anyplace else. You can almost feel what it was like back in the late Eighteen Hundreds. The rooms are always clean and neat. There are clean linens and towels always. I have stayed in several of the rooms over the years. But two of my favorites are on the third floor Cowboy and Rail Road rooms. There also is a commons sitting area on the third floor where you can sit enjoy others company or if you have others staying in the hotel to sit and chat.

I can’t say enough kind things about Jeanne. Jeanne is like family to us. Jeanne works so hard at taking care of us. I encourage you to sit and have good conversation with Jeanne she is so genuine and interesting to talk with. Although I will say that it doesn’t matter if you are a first time patron or old friend she will bend over backwards to make your stay feel as if you are long time friends. I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking for that experience you will cherish for years to come. Who knows you may make this one of your a annual trips like I have for so many years 

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Darryl U
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Staying at the Olde Main is a singular experience that should not be missed. I've been to Chadron a few times and I won't stay anywhere else. The rooms are comfortable and homey and Jeanne treats you like a family member. There's nothing like fresh cinnamon rolls in the morning complimented by cold beers and good conversation at the bar in the evening. For me, part of being in the mid-west (or high-plains in the case of Chadron) is staying in quaint, family run places like the Olde Main. They're a dying breed but thank goodness Jeanne is keeping this place alive!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chadron
Best Western West Hills Inn
#3 of 7 in Valentine
Motel 6 Chadron
Motel 6 Chadron
#5 of 6 in Chadron

Been to Olde Main Street Inn? Share your experiences!