“Historic 1880's hotel with lots of atmosphere and character plus a bar!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chadron
Olde Main Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Chadron B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Olde Main Street Inn on numerous occasions when visiting Chadron on business and have never been disappointed. Each room has its own unique theme and is furnished with period-appropriate antiques and other vintage items and artwork. Although located near the railroad, most rooms are very quiet and cozy because the building is constructed of solid brick walls over a foot thick. Five great restaurants are within a four-block walking distance radius of the Inn, plus pizzas and other muchies are available at the 77 Long Branch Saloon downstairs on the first floor. The crowd at the Long Branch is just as diverse as the decor upstairs, an assortment of college students and faculty, ranchers, bikers, artists, writers, and musicians. The bar is equipped with pool tables, Keno, a sixties vintage jukebox (loaded with classic vinyl) and a piano for entertainment. Every guest receives complimentary homemade cinammon rolls and coffee in the morning and a free welcome drink upon check-in. If you are looking for other things to do while in town there's a movie theater on the next block plus five more bars within a three block radius, and at least one usually has a live band or Open Mike on the weekends. You're only about 25 miles from the Black Hills, where towns like Crawford and Hot Springs have more historic locations to explore. All rooms have free wireless internet access which is just as fast as what I have in my own office. I have my own building in Chadron now and still include the Olde Main Street Inn first on my list of favorite hangouts.

Room Tip: My favorites are the Cowboy and Railroad rooms on the southeast corner of the third floor, a great v...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The first time I came to the Olde Main Street Inn I tried to check in at the nearby Police Station by mistake. The kind Sargeant informed me they usually did not get reservations. When I informed Evva, the owner, she bought the bar a round of drinks. I have stayed there probably one hundred times since. IAll of the rooms are within stagger distance of the bar. When I travel the western part of Nebraska the Olde Main is where I stay. The rooms are acceptable though not the cookiie cutter standard boxes we are used to. Jeanie and Evva are fantastic. Do not throw dice with Evva for beers and she is not Al Gore's cousin either. At the bar be ready to argue Iraq with 20 somethings and 'Nam with 60 somethings. You can buy books from local authors. You can stay a day but you will have a friend forever.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I've been coming to the Olde Main Street Inn for over 20 years and I can't hardly wait until the next time! The first time was coincidental, but the rest have been by choice. If you don't walk in the door and fall in love with Jeannie, I'm sorry, I can't help you. She is so genuine and kind to folks, no matter your walk of life. She is a friend to all and when you leave there, you are a member of her extended family. A very intelligent, well read lady who plays the part of the Inn Keeper perfectly! The hospitality is second to none. Both the area and the Inn itself are rich in history and she can take you on a tour, all from the comfort of the stool you pull up and enjoy a beverage with her. I love the character of the place! We have stayed in the Railroad room, the cowboy room, and the best is the General Miles Suite! A 3 room suite, well decorated with the style and character of the Inn Keeper.
Staying any place else is just a place to sleep. The Olde Main Street Inn is a treasure to be experienced!

Room Tip: Each room has a different theme. Ask about them and pick one! The General Miles Suite is awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank watermelonwine
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Old Main Street Inn many times over the years. I first stayed at the Hotel back in the early 70’s. My dad brought me and my brothers to the area when we came of age to start deer hunting. Now my brothers and I bring our sons and we all stay at the Old Main Street Inn during hunting season. The Hotel has so much character and charm that I wouldn’t think about staying any place else. If you are looking for the Ritz Carlson type of hotel this isn’t the place for you. But if you are looking for an experience like no other this is the place. The Long Branch Bar brings back memories from yester-year. If you let your imagination loose you can almost feel that old west atmosphere. The local patrons are very friendly and treat you like a friend. More then likely on your stay you will make a good friend. I have made so many friends I feel at home when I’m staying here.

As for the hotel it has so much character that it is an experience you won’t get anyplace else. You can almost feel what it was like back in the late Eighteen Hundreds. The rooms are always clean and neat. There are clean linens and towels always. I have stayed in several of the rooms over the years. But two of my favorites are on the third floor Cowboy and Rail Road rooms. There also is a commons sitting area on the third floor where you can sit enjoy others company or if you have others staying in the hotel to sit and chat.

I can’t say enough kind things about Jeanne. Jeanne is like family to us. Jeanne works so hard at taking care of us. I encourage you to sit and have good conversation with Jeanne she is so genuine and interesting to talk with. Although I will say that it doesn’t matter if you are a first time patron or old friend she will bend over backwards to make your stay feel as if you are long time friends. I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking for that experience you will cherish for years to come. Who knows you may make this one of your a annual trips like I have for so many years 

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Darryl U
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Staying at the Olde Main is a singular experience that should not be missed. I've been to Chadron a few times and I won't stay anywhere else. The rooms are comfortable and homey and Jeanne treats you like a family member. There's nothing like fresh cinnamon rolls in the morning complimented by cold beers and good conversation at the bar in the evening. For me, part of being in the mid-west (or high-plains in the case of Chadron) is staying in quaint, family run places like the Olde Main. They're a dying breed but thank goodness Jeanne is keeping this place alive!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

After reading the reviews, I thought this would be an above average B&B. Having stayed in several B&Bs I found this one way below par. After my stay, I re-read the reviews & just couldn't believe the other reviewers had stayed in the same place. Poorly maintained. The room needed updating a decades ago. The bathroom needed a new toilet & the shower had a cement floor like an old VA Hospital shower. Smelled musty. Nothing in the room had been dusted in awhile. Very poor lighting. If my home were in this condition I would be ashamed to have company over. Jeanie was very nice but this place is just awful. I almost swore off B&Bs forever after this but later stayed at the Captain Lord Inn B&B in Kennebunkport, Maine, & was reminded how beautiful, clean, & delightful an older building can be. The Captain Lord also shows how having "character" does NOT mean falling apart.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stopped for 2 nights in Chadron on our recent road trip - and we stayed in many places on that trip, with this being one of the memorable ones. We stayed in a little suite on the 3rd floor - which had a small separate kitchen and eating area and a shower, that needed a bit of an update, but that somehow didn't seem to matter because of the historic charm of the building and its western character. Jeannie, the innkeeper, is a real doll, and treats you like long lost friends - she even fixed a special breakfast for us on our departing morning, to accommodate my husband's dietary needs. The whole atmosphere of the place is relaxing and homey - and Chadron is a great base from which to visit Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse monument and Carhenge. I'd also recommend the Museum of the Fur Traders just out of town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple