“Great food and wonderful staff!”

Helen's Pancake & Steak House
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Chadron
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We got to know the staff and owner as we returned several times. It was a great place to have a meal when away from home!

2  Thank P-mela
There are newer reviews for Helen's Pancake & Steak House

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast, perfectly prepared. Our waitress was so friendly and joked around with us, which we loved. Great place to eat.

2  Thank Jane H
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place is horrible. It looks clean but that's the only nice thing I have to say. I was alone and in Chadron for an auction for a couple of days and thought that "Pancake" house would be a safe bet for breakfast. Boy, was I wrong. I ordered Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs with pancakes. The pancakes were raw dough inside. The bottom side was so hard I could not cut it with a fork, I had to use a knife. Disgusting. How can you possibly cook a pancake so it is rock hard on one side and still raw in the middle?? The chicken fried steak was about medium rare. That is not how that is supposed to be cooked. Disgusting. Hashbrowns came with the chicken fry and I was pleased about that since the pancake was so awful, but they weren't even browned. It was just a pile of grated boiled potato that had been heated. Disgusting. I ordered eggs scrambled hard and they were great. No runny stuff, cooked through and not cooked too much like you usually get in restaurants. Just because it's a small town is no reason not to serve decent food. This place is horrible and not worth your time and if they were to go out of business no big loss. Besides that there was a group of about ten guys playing dice at 8 in the morning, pounding and banging the dice cup on the tables, it was so awful I had to move to the other side of the restaurant.

4  Thank Tarre S
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Tried this place for breakfast - not quite the "greasy spoon" we were hoping for. Bacon was made days before, French toast looked store bought & restaurant itself smelled of dust if that's possible. Surprisingly the eggs were decent. Nothing special here.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

On Friday night we went to The Grove Bar and Grille, it is attached to Helen's Pancake and Steak House. It was a super neat little place so sit back and sip a cold one or two. The food was very good. And our little waitress was so good. As the evening went on it was evident that is was a watering hole for the over 21 set. Fun to watch.
The next morning we returned to Helen's for breakfast. Good food, fast service and a good price.

2  Thank necolorado