“Great place off the beaten path”
Review of Sandstone Grill

Sandstone Grill
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Burwell
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was visiting family in Burwell, and had a late week night dinner. It was Taco Tuesday, and they were sold out of Tacos. I opted for the blue salad and 1/2 sandwitch...it was wonderful and would rival anything in a major city for a reasonable price. Make a point to try their desserts.

PS good Ausy wines..!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Sandstone Grill is my favorite place. Usually go there for special occasions but a great place for a hamburger or steak. The prices are right for the food quality but not so high that you can only afford it on those special occasions. They have a great salad selection as well as seafood. The deserts are great! my favorite is there bread pudding! Yum.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This restaurant is unbelievable in tiny Burwell, Nebraska. We both had their hand cut 14 ounce prime rib on a Friday night special. Prime rib is not our favorite meat as we've had too many that were bland and mealy. But we took the plunge and it was absolutely awesome as were the sides and french bread rolls.! Of course, we couldn't eat it all but we had great sandwiches another day. The service was great and everyone who came into the restaurant spoke to us as we were sitting near the door. People are so friendly in this part of the country. We were too full for dessert but came back the next day for a burger and a reuben and some of their famous homemade pies. Awesome! I recommend this restaurant to anyone who is travelling in a 100 mike radius of Burwell..

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

My family visited here while on vacation. We had the opportunity to try out 3 local restaurants on our trip...Sandstone was our favorite. The best thing about Burwells restaurants are there prices. Everything seems pretty reasonable. The food here was great. The chicken dishes were amazing. My bison burger was pretty good. The building was older with lots of Character. One wall had history and business articles about the joint. It was a great find and I would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Great food, service, and prices! Will make it a point to stop here every time I'm near Burwell! This place is a real gem AND worth every penny!!! And the deserts....oh, my gosh! Pie worth a week in the gym for!