“Great deal and great food.”

City Cafe and Donut Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Broken Bow
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had lunch as the place is only open from 6am to 2pm, They have a daily special every day. Its all home cooked food, and lots of it for very little price. A great place to eat and get full.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friends and I were in town for the Nebraska Junk Jaunt and had breakfast here. The staff was polite, but not friendly. The stares from the locals were putting me off. I got the distinct impression we were not welcome there. I think I will avoid it next yr.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We walked over to the cafe from our motel rooms, and had a great breakfast. You'll find all your favorites - from steak and eggs (at a fabulous price) to pancakes and french toast. Bring your appetite!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

After traveling all day, we got a motel in Broken Bow, Nebraska. The motel was fine and the next morning we searched for a local restaurant to eat breakfast. We came upon the City Cafe and thought by the number of cars parked outside that it looked promising. We entered and the place must have had a retired persons breakfast special because the average age of customer was probably about 75. We shuffled to the counter and waited to be sat for nearly five minutes without any eye contact from a single waitress. Finally a few spots opened up at the counter and we took the opportunity to grab a seat as the place was packed with elderly people. After waiting another 5-7 minutes my dad finally wiped off the filthy counter in front of me so I could set my purse down because we were still waiting for service. I looked over the menu and nothing looked overly appetizing. The food being served to everyone BUT us looked like it came out of a can. After another 4-5 minutes our party finally decided to try another restaurant. Not one waitress made eye contact with us acknowledging our presence and need for service; not one waitress came over with a glass of water; not one waitress greeted us at the door, counter, or anywhere in the establishment; not one waitress asked for our order. This restaurant had THE WORST service anyone in our group had ever had. I don't know if the people running the establishment recognized us as 'non-locals' and looked down at us as'outsiders, but I definitely felt discriminated against and would hope that the owners would read this and realize how Terrible we were treated and to realize that customers are the backbone of their business. I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER attempt to eat at the City Cafe and we travel through
Broken Bow probably a few times a month.

5  Thank alucas786
Reviewed September 3, 2010

The City Cafe was recommended to us by the locals at the hotel and it was a very local place to eat. We really enjoyed the service and the food along with all the local folks that showed up the morning we ate breakfast there. They were so nice along with the staff at the cafe.

2  Thank riderlady