First, I would like to say that I traveled to Omaha, to prove everyone wrong about NE....and I am pretty sure that I did, with the help of an amazing Bed and Breakfast.
Oft's bed and breakfast is a hidden surprise in the the town of Bennington, NE. The owners are welcoming and friendly and have lots of historical information on their family owned home.
What you get for $89 a night.
1. A tour of the house, which is on the National Historical Registry.
2. A clean, beautifully decorated room. The furnishings are original and in great condition.
3. Access to your own private bathroom
4. A quiet and safe place to sleep
5. The best breakfast and coffee on that side of the Mississippi that would put any hotel or motel to shame.
6. Quick access to the best sights in Omaha and surrounding areas, (including the amazing bronze statues).
7. Suggestions to the best places to visit and eat while in the Omaha area.
Staying at Oft's B&B is a win win situation, and it will not leave you disappointed. As I suspected, traveling to NE and back, (WI), was far more exciting than one could expect it to be. So if you're going to the Omaha area for business or pleasure, be sure to consider Oft's B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oft's Bed & Breakfast is located in the farm community of Bennington which is minutes from downtown Omaha. Easy access from I-29, I-680 and I-80. The historical home offers two rooms, both with private baths and balcony overlooking a lily pond. A full breakfast is served in the formal dining room on antique china and silverware and the house has a gorgeous wrap-around porch where quests can relax. Free home-made snacks and beverages. Across from the home is a 6 mile walking-biking trail that goes around Newport Lake. ... more less