“As close to Presidential as I'll ever get”

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Omaha South
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect from this hotel. Kind of off the beaten path a bit, and it didn't look too big on the outside. Almost every room is named after a President of the U.S., though I can only speak for the Taft room.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean, with a fridge and a coffee maker, but no microwave. My room faced the front of the hotel, which, unfortunately, is about 1000 feet from a train track. I heard at least one train every night, but to be honest it wasn't too bad. If there were more I slept through them.

The staff was courteous and gave good advice & directions for a few eating establishments. The breakfast was run-of-the-mill, but good. The nightly cookies at the counter are awesome. There's an all-day breakfast place right next door with decent food too.

If I'm in Omaha again, I'll definitely consider staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the railroad track.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I traveled in from another state (7 hour drive), so was looking forward to a good nights sleep. Not to be. The hotel is situated on a main road with traffic almost non-stop and a train crossing just behind the main road. Trains pass through every 2 hours (day and night) and for about 2 minutes, they're LOUD!. If you're the type of sleeper that falls asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow, and it takes a lot to wake you, then this hotel is cozy, quaint and adequate. Each room has a presidential theme (some better decorated than others - I moved once from one room to another to escape the train noise). But if you are a light sleeper, you may consider not staying here. It doesn't matter if you face the train/main road or face the back of the hotel, you can still hear the trains. The hotel staff were courteous but didn't go out of their way to accommodate me. When I asked for ear plugs - they had none and assured me that they'd only had about 5 complaints about the noise in the past 3 years - Best Western, consider this your sixth, (if those numbers are in fact true). Another thing to mention, the walls are paper thin - you can hear conversations of neighbors, so be warned. I spoke to two individuals at the desk to try to re-negotiate a room rate (which had increased dramatically because of the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting - av room rate $90 - I paid $140/nite), both of whom deferred to the general manager (even the assistant manager deferred my request the morning I checked out). To date, nobody has contacted me from the hotel to follow up despite voicing my concerns on both mornings of my stay. There didn't seem to be any front line leadership willing to take accountability and actually take care of the customer - shame.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Consult01
traveler22226, Owner at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Omaha South, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Dear Guest, thank you for staying with us. I do apologize that the trains kept you up at night. If you are a light sleeper, we have excellent rooms in our back section that are located away from the train tracks. Guests in these back rooms cannot hear the trains at night. Next time, please ask for one of the back rooms. If you will give us another chance to win your loyalty, please contact me directly and I would be happy to discount your rate on your next stay. Thanks, Mike Works. 402.421.8078.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

Cozy hotel! Great rooms and wonderful beds. A little off the 80 interstate freeway but worth it. The breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2011

This hotel was a great price, good location to move around the Omaha area and the room was very clean. Comfy bed, really nice whirlpool and sauna and super friendly staff. No sign of bugs at all. My only advice would be to try to have the hot items on the breakfast a bit warmer - the food tended to be cold once it hit my plate. However, offsetting that was the freshly baked cookies available in the lobby from late afternoon until about 10 PM. Coming back from dinner both nights of our stay, those cookies made a nice dessert! My spouse and I also really enjoyed the "presidential decor". We stayed in the Coolidge room and it was fun reading the facts about the presidents and the first ladies. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was so clean, the beds so comfortable.
I really appreciated the helpful staff. The lady that checked us in on 11/11/10 around 5pm was very nice. This place definitely should be considered!

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Very close to Walmart, gas and grocery stores-it does require little exploring to get around at this location-great excuse to have a GPS along-or just stay put for some of the best hospitality ever- Villiage in is next door and they have the best whtie omlete I have ever had! Rooms were spacious, clean and beds so comfy I wanted to take it home! Located close to the Air force base, zoo and many other popular locations in Omaha-interstate easy to find from there. Many Kudos !

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2010

All the motels we have stayed in have hard beds and so uncomfortable, but this motel was the best. We had a good night’s sleep every night of our 6 days stay.
The people were so friendly and helpful.
The motel is right next to a wonderful restaurant and reasonable priced delicious food. The Village Inn
We had no trouble finding the motel.
We go to NE all the time and this motel will be our choice from now on.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 7,415
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bellevue
#1 of 10 in Bellevue
Candlewood Suites Bellevue
Candlewood Suites Bellevue
#7 of 10 in Bellevue

Been to SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Omaha South? Share your experiences!