“Desk clerk problem”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Bellevue
austin
“Desk clerk problem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel is hard to find and a distance from the highway. We stayed in room 110 and it was a very quiet room with comfortable bed and very clean. The breakfast had great choice of food and was hot. We used points to stay here but had to show our credit card to the clerk to check in. We did not use this credit card for any purchases on our trip but upon arriving home we rec'd a call from card security that someone had made a $25 charge at the hotel and a $4,000 charge and another $1,000 charge over the internet. The charges were declined and we now had to stop that credit card. This clerk was the only one that handled our credit card so it had to be him. I hope they get rid of him before he tries to rip someone else off

Room Tip: Do not trust the check in clerk
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fjmAustin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I can't say enough about the staff at the Holiday Inn Express, Bellevue NE! I spend more than 200 nights per year in a hotel, and this was one of the best experiences I've ever had! I will definitely be back. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CXCART, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bellevue, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
As a frequent hotel guest, we are more than honored to receive such feedback. We know many of our travelers, such as yourself, spend so much time away from home, and it is our sincere goal to provide that extra touch to make you feel welcome and relaxed.

I want to personally thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave a review of our Holiday Inn Express! It is wonderful to know when we are both meeting and exceeding our guests expectations. We look forward to your return to Bellevue! See you next time

Chelsie Kennedy
Brashear, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife went in to ask if our room happened to be ready around noon the front desk clerk was a jerk very snarky. So we didn't even get past him I called him back and said I didn't appreciated him being so rude to my wife and to cancel our reservations we would not be giving our money to his company. Never stay Here

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I truly apologize that we fell short on our customer service standards. It is with sincere regret that we did not deliver a level of service that made you and your wife feel comfortable and welcome. I assure you this is not typical of our staff. We take pride in making our guests feel welcome from the time they make the reservation through their arrival and extended to departure. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. As management, it is important for us to know the guest experience from the guest perspective.

Thank you for your time. I wish you well in future travels.

Respectfully,

Chelsie Kennedy
Prairie Vilage, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed the weekend of January 19th for a sporting event. Hotel very clean, rooms clean. Friendly staff at check-in. Breakfast in the morning was great. HOT foods like cinnamon rolls, cheese omelettes, and sausage, plus the cold staples like fruit and yogurt. Coffee fresh and available all day long. Our room was second floor on the back side (facing highway), and with the room fan on, we didn't have any issues mentioned about the highway noise.
PS They offer fresh baked cookies on most late afternoons in the lobby!!
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TimK7700
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed overnight for a last minute trip. Arrived and greeted with a friendly smile! Bright and clean lobby area. Nice room, large and clean bathroom. Pool and exercise area looked nice. Fully stocked hot and cold breakfast with coffee 24/7. Conviently located. Definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 4 years and have always liked the location, price and just being a nice property. My wife, daughter and I stayed there this past weekend. To start off, the misplaced an envelope with tickets that was left for me. It took the front desk person 30 minutes and 4 phone calls before he found it. We went out to eat, do some shopping etc and returned around 11pm. Tried to sleep but had a problem with the smoke detector. The night person thinks that everything just needs a new battery so he tried that and we ended up changing rooms at 12:45am. We get to the new room and 2 of the 4 lamps were un-plugged, the night stands about 1 foot away from the wall as was the refrigerator. I didn't know I was moving furniture that night also. He also told me that a manager would be there in the morning to answer any of my concerns (there wasn't any manager scheduled for Saturday as I found out trying to find that person). Anyway the person at the front desk tried to help, said they would give me credit for both rooms I had for both nights. Didn't happen as I had to get it corrected Sunday at check-out. Couldn't get into our room Saturday night. The same night person was working the front desk except when he was outside talking to someone and I had to go out and get him, he gave me a new key-card, didn't work, tried it again (he was outside again), didn't work tried a 3rd time still didn't work. I came up after I had left to go back downstairs. He let my wife into the room and told her it was the batteries in the door. He gave me one more key-card and you know what, that one didn't work either. I made sure that he knew the key he just gave me and the great job he did changing batteries didn't work. In my daughter's room, the heating/AC unit wasn't plugged in properly but I took care of that because I don't think the engineer there would know how to plug it in. I went to breakfast every morning, but there wasn't much food left being that it still had 30 minutes left. One guest asked the person if they could get some more hot water for her tea. She left after waiting 15 minutes and no hot water.

Bottom line about the Holiday Inn Express in Bellevue - It used to be a really great hotel that I stayed at all the time and recommended the rest of my friends and family to stay there when we came home to that area to visit with friends and family. I have been loyal to the IHG brand for the past 6 years, but I will not stay at this IHG hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael E
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here for the past several years when ever we are in town. It used to be a nice, convenient, well managed hotel. I have to wonder if it has been sold since the last time we were here. The staff is nice but not the best. The rooms are ok but not the cleanest. The bed now has what I equate to a plastic sheet on it which makes for noisy and not so comfortable sleeping. We had to switch rooms at almost 1 am after the smoke detector in ournroom started going off for no reason. We had an envelope left for us by someone and had to insist they call the staff working from earlier in the day since it could not be easily found. We stay in IHG hotels all the time and this one just does not live up to expectations anymore.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bellevue, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear DizyIzzy,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. As customer service professionals, we strive to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, thank you for staying with us and leaving us with an honest feedback.

Joel B