“Good location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Bellevue
mn
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel. It was a nice hotel. The beds were comfortable with descent linens. The breakfast was good with plenty of options. It is in a great location off the highway and around plenty of eateries. The pool was a little small but my son didn't care just as long as it had one. The staff were friendly. I would reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

My family and I were in Bellevue for my grandmother's memorial. We booked a king suite at the hotel several weeks ahead of time, and were assured we'd have the room we needed for our family of five. When we arrived, the space was adequate, and we left nearly immediately for a funeral-related event. We returned to the hotel about 10 pm and promptly went to sleep. Around midnight, the door to our room opened and a group of people walked in. They were thankfully as surprised as we were, and were only looking for an empty room to sleep in. We called the front desk immediately and were told, "Yeah, we made a mistake." We were so tired we went back to sleep, but when we woke up in the morning and went to breakfast we were of course locked out because our keys were deactivated when the other group was given keys to our room. I went to the front desk to get new keys and again mentioned the incident and how scary it was, and the front desk clerk said, "Yeah, our computer system goes wacky and does that. Sorry." That was the extent of his concern about our safety.

Once we returned home, I submitted a complaint on the Holiday Inn Express website and received a form e-mail stating that my concerns had been forwarded to hotel management. I also wrote a letter to hotel management detailing our experience and my concerns about the safety of their hotel, as well as the lack of customer service that we received in dealing with our concerns. It has now been almost two weeks since I sent both of those communications and I have not heard anything back from hotel management. Frankly, their handling of the incident so far has been worse than the incident itself. I would have expected at a minimum that they would have contacted me through the information on my reservation, or the information I included in my letter. I did get a second form e-mail from the hotel, saying that they hoped I'd enjoyed my stay, and included the name and priority rewards number associated with my reservation. Except--oops! they weren't mine! So not only do they not take the physical safety of their customers to heart, they are also obviously not good at protecting personal information through their electronic mailings either.

I will be contacting the president of the company now as well, and have posted about my experiences on Facebook, as well as writing this review. I honestly could not in good conscience recommend any of the Holiday Inn's parent group (InterContinental Hotel Group) properties. If their computer systems are similar and "go wacky" often enough to allow physical security breaches like we experienced, there is a serious potential for physical harm, property loss, and lawsuits against them. You'd think that might get their attention and get a response, but apparently not yet...

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the third floor are non-smoking but part of the floor is smoking, so all the ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jennifer R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bellevue, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Jennifer R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and are hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed here while attending a friends funeral. The staff was very friendly and they handed us a bag with water, chips and cookies. It was very quiet there and clean. The pool was clean and just a nice area. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed nice. we stayed in room 110 and it was close to everything.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

My family stayed at the hotel for a few days in separate rooms. The hotel provides a military discount. Reservations can be for a king or 2 queen size beds. The hotel also provided an awesome breakfast and happy hour with free beer from 5-7 PM. I even forgot my toothbrush and they provided me a complimentary toothbrush. The hotel does not allow pets. The price was reasonable. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank merci2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

A new hotel in a low traffic location. A nice large breakfast area with plenty of room. Friendly staff. We spent one night here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I'll be honest, fellow travelers. I didn't stay here on purpose. I travel to Omaha all the time, and the Holiday Inn Express Omaha West was sold out, so I decided to try this one. Now I'm thinking that I need to stay here more often! The room is typical holiday inn, which means that my king bed is comfortable, the room is the perfect size, and the bathroom is nice. Like most Holiday Inn Express properties, they have a manager's reception. This one was 5-7 PM, with free beer, wine and snacks. But, alongside the snacks was free wings and fries from Buffalo Wild Wings! Now, this was where I was planning on going for dinner, so apparently my dinner will be free tonight! Apparently the wings happen every Tuesday and Wednesday night. Be sure you tip the awesome lady who refills your beer without being asked, and enjoy!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Shibo1
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed in a Suite at the Hotel as there were 6 of us adults in one room. Expected a separate room with two beds in it and a separate living area. As it was all beds were on the same wall real close to each other in the size of a hotel room with a king bed. For the price we paid I guess I expected a bit more for a suite. It was very cramped. When opening up the sofa bed we noticed a very soiled mattress which most certainly was not cleaned by our observation. Went to the front desk to ask if we could be moved to another suite with a clean mattress or can they provide us with a different sofa mattress but neither options were available to us. The young lady at the desk did try her best to accommodate us by actually calling her manager to see one of our couples could be put in a single room due to the soiled mattress and the manager declined that request and we were told there were even rooms available but had to keep them for the walkins. Disappointed in that response as it was 11:00 at night. Needless to say the young lady at the desk provided us with a mattress pad and several blanket coverings to put on the bed under the sheets. We made it work for the two nights we were staying there. That was the only negative of the hotel as the rest of our stay was nice. Their breakfast bar was very good and had many choices. The pool was nice and our nieces and nephews who were staying there with their families also enjoyed it several times. All in all this hotel was a very nice place to stay and we will stay there again just apprehensive about getting a suite with 6 adults as it was very tight in the room.

Room Tip: Very tight space for 6 people in their suites.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family