“Average food, not worth the drive.”
Review of Sinful Burger

Sinful Burger
Ranked #9 of 124 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Omaha, Nebraska
“Average food, not worth the drive.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We initially tried another burger place last night but found it was closed. I wanted to try this place again after a not so good service visit about a year ago. The place was busy but had an opening - great. Overall , the service was much improved, the servers were busy but checked in with us often and got everything right.

Appetizer - fried pickles - You could see herbs in the breading but the breading was not cooked all the way and had a bit of doughy uncooked batter that you could see - not a do over. If I wasn't so hungry I would have sent them back.

Burgers - disappointing, but promising . They took a while to get them but there was football on the TV's so no worries. We asked for Medium but got them cooked Medium well to well - funny, but we had a discussion with the server on how done we wanted them when we ordered them but the cook didn't seem to know the difference medium means warm and pink not gray and charred. Nice size though and good toppings. Fries were homemade greasy and good.

Overall - well, sorry, but this will be our last visit - there are a lot of good burger joints in the area now and places that don't specialize in burgers that do a better job then SB. Somehow they have not figured out how to get a top quality burger to your table in a reasonable amount of time. My advice - focus on good meat - hire someone in the kitchen that knows how to cook a burger to the correct doneness and also can keep up with the orders but keep your wait staff, they are great.

• Visited August 2013

US
“Not a bar, not a restaurant”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Apparently the only thing this place does is give you big honking burgers, it is not by any stretch of the imagination a sports bar, the decor is similar to a strip mall chinese restaurant. If eating big burgers that would feed a family in most of the rest of the world for a week and drinking bud light is exciting to you go for it, otherwise run away.

Visited June 2013
SinfulBurger, Owner at Sinful Burger, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Yes, we do have huge food portions and we are proud of it. I’m sure you saw the awards we have won. Only 2 years in business and we have 3 awards for our food. We are pretty proud of that.

I totally agree with you about not being a sports bar because we are not. We set this up as a sports-grill thus our name Sinful Burger Sports Grill. We simply wanted to create a place where the entire family can come and enjoy our unique and always made from scratch food, enjoy a adult beverage (responsibly) and watch some of the live games on one of our six HD tv’s or the big screen.

As for our décor, if you come back in, take a moment to really look at all the autographed photos. They are all the “Bad Boys” of sports which fits in our theme.

We always have the MLB and NFL ticket so you will never have to miss a game. We also are proud to have several locally brewed craft beers on tap. I would love to have you come in some time to sample them.

Hope to have the chance to visit with you over an ice-cold craft beer.

Cheers.
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Great date night dinner”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is just what we were looking for. It was busy but not over crowded. The girl who waited on us was very nice and helpful. I had and envy burger and loved it my date had a build your own grilled cheese & inhaled it, we also had chili fries yum. The drinks however were small & way over priced. They charged $7 for a very small drink that was one liquor & OJ & not that good either.

• Visited February 2013
Omaha
“Sinfully great burgers and fries”
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

This was my first visit. I had the Lust Burger and my friend had the basic Sin Burger. I had the onion rings which were outstanding. They make them there and they make them great. The regular fries are also outstanding. Service was beyond great, the dude was funny, sincere and took good care of us. I'll be back.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Not sure what the hype is all about”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Tried it for the first time the other night, food was mediocre at best. Service sucked big time. Place was pretty empty so I know our waitress didn't have a ton of tables, but I had to go up to the bar myself to get a drink refill and it took forever to get our order. Got a basic burger with bacon, specifically told her no cheese, she repeated it back, came with a greasy slice of cheese. Ordered it with no onions or tomatoes, couldn't find the waitress so I had to go up to the bar to ask for pickles & lettuce because she apparently told the cook I wanted it plain. Fries were mushy & greasy. Oh and someone else commented that the burgers were too seasoned, mine was just plain hamburger. Not sure if this was just a bad night for them but I don't want to find out. The guy at the bar who I assume may have been the owner, who was incredibly nice, did try to make things right but at that point I already had a thumbs down.

• Visited December 2012
SinfulBurger, Manager at Sinful Burger, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Hi Lorie,
It sounds like we messed up pretty bad with you, and for that I can’t apologize enough. Please contact me so I can learn more about your experience and help to avoid future incidences like yours.
Your title used the word “hype”. There is and has been much hype about our food and service because I truly care about every person and their experience. Because of this, management is very strict and non-wavering about providing the highest level of both. Unfortunately sometimes our staff can become sidetracked with personal issues and well…. your experience happened. This is not an excuse and this is totally unacceptable.
Lorie, my wife, son and I built this business to be unlike others. We built a place where we would want to go and consistently have a great experience. When I hear stories like yours I’m crushed inside and embarrassed. Ultimately I am at fault. The buck stops with me.
If you will please send me an email at SinfulBurger@gmail.com I will reply with my personal cell number so that we can talk. I hope you will reconsider and give us another try.
I’m happy you found the person at the bar to be friendly because it was either myself or my son and GM C.J. It’s always good get updates on our service.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Jim N. Owner