“Terrific Experience”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wolf Point
Seattle, Washington
“Terrific Experience”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I read some of the previous negative reviews and must say that I had quite the wonderful experience. I had ridden my motorcycle over 11 hours from Columbia Falls and was exhausted when I pulled into the Homestead. The sign in the window said NO VACANCY but a kindly lady waved me back just as I was pulling away to search elsewhere (which apparently would have been fruitless as there were no rooms available this side of Williston.) Why all the motels in this area would be filled up mid week in July is a mystery to be solved at another time.

I don't know why she decided to help out this weary rider but it was a move I greatly appreciated and I am completely delighted to have a room complete with microwave, mini fridge, and free WiFi.

The Homestead Inn is exactly what I needed and is a highlight in a glorious day that included exploring Glacier Park and Going to the Sun Road.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Williams R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed June 20, 2013

After a long day of travel we stopped and asked about a room. One left, the annex. After driving up the road a short distance there it was. Sign is half there, hotel is bad need of up grade. The room, the carpeting had stains all over. The chair was crummy. We were afraid to take our shoes off. Kitchen area was old and badly worn. Bath was clean but ancient. We needed ice for my husbands meds and found we had to drive back down the road to get a can of ice. Breakfast is held in the office lobby. God forbid you can sit to eat a donut or bagel. Coffee was good but not worth the $68 fee for a nights lodging. Stayed in better ones for $49.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cjsquaredancer
Strandquist
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our family recently stayed here while being in town for a graduation. It was a very disheartening stay. I had jewelry stolen from my room and another family member had cards/money stolen from their room also. The management didn't seem to really care that this happened. Nothing was done to compensate us, we barely even had an apology. Needless to say we will not be staying here again!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sheryl L
Longmont
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The oil boom in North Dakota is overflowing clear to Wolf Point. This hotel and it's annex a mile east are often full, even in the winter months. So, get your reservation early.

We had a nice, clean, and warm room and the staff was friendly and helpful. They have rooms by the day, week, or month to accommodate the transient workers in the area, but we were there on a vacation in November for just one night.

The free breakfast was a little sparce, only consisting of donuts, biscuits, or wheat toast with butter and jam. There was coffee and orange juice and apples, but that was it.

Our room was well appointed and quiet. We enjoyed our stay, although the rate was a little high for this class of motel and location, it is an example of a boom town and room scarcity.

On balance, our stay was very pleasant and I would rate this hotel as excellent.

Room Tip: Make your reservation at least two days in advance.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mickey C
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed September 27, 2012

On this stretch of the High Road, there are not many choices. The oil boom has blessed motels with usually 100% occupancy, so make an RSVP ahead. Do NOT expect to stop in at 5pm and get a room!

5 people were turned away during our check-in - thank goodness we had made reservations. The lobby offers basic breakfast items and it's right on the highway so you can't miss it.

Our RSVP was messed up by a previous employee so when we got there, we ALMOST didn't get a room at all. 10 hours on the road had us tired and ready for bed, so we took the handicap room and squeezed in.

Would we stay again? If we HAVE to, IF we take the hi road ever again, but we'd rather not HAVE to.

Room Tip: 2 floors only - back side is tight parking, but quieter off the street
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Candace R
Havre, Montana
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Homestead a few times in the last several years for business. The price is right but nothing fancy, rooms are outdated, but clean. Beds are so-so comfy, pillows could be better. Tv and Wi-Fi that seemed to work ok. Fridge & Microwave was nice to have. Room noise was somewhat bad, but then both nights that I stayed there was very busy & full. I was on the 2nd floor room on back side of motel. Breakfast bar was limited to cereal, juice, roll or toast, fruit, soffee, which was average if best. Srvice & staff seemed ok did not have an issue with that. I will probably stay again due to not much choice in WolfPoint when there on business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
washington
Reviewed July 24, 2012

First night wasn't too bad, however there were some stains in the carpet and the tub did not drain fast so the water accumulated at your feet (eww). The second night we tried getting another room, the lady at the front (skinny blonde) was very rude, wanted either a $200.00 deposit or our credit card, took our credit card and then tried to charge $200.00 on it! When the card obviously didn't take it she got even more rude. Overall, the price you pay per night is definetely not worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank L M

Been to Homestead Inn Motel? Share your experiences!