Rodeway Inn
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This hotel was horrific! The beds were lumpy and broken, there was no toilet paper left in the rooms, the floors were filthy and the a/c did not work. To boot, we got up in the morning to take showers and the shower would not turn on. We pulled up on the stopper and no water would come out. We asked for help and they could not get it to work until they pulled extremely hard and held onto it. Then they had the audacity to tell us it was operator error. They did refund us the money, however, my 16 year old left her very expensive MP3 player in the room and when she asked for it they said that since her parents cheated them out of the money for the room maybe we could go buy her a new one. Guess you know who stole it now! Will NEVER stay at a Super 8 again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
gmwhitehall, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologize for your recent stay at our property. We pride ourselves with taking care of our guests and maintaining a top notch hotel. It is evident from your comments that we did not live up to your expectations.

I investigated the MP3 player incident and found no reason to believe that any employee of this hotel stole an MP3 player. This is a serious accusation and we take it very seriously. We do not steal and did not take the MP3 player. The one MP3 player we found was returned to your daughter.

When we checked the shower we found the selector on top in between settings which did not allow water to come out and the diverter was a little sticky. We replaced it. Thank you for letting us know about the diverter so other guests do not have to struggle with it as you did.

I checked the beds. They're brand new. and the frame is sound.

Again, I apologize for your experience at our hotel and I'm glad to hear that we refunded your money for your stay while you were still at the front desk. We will use your comments as a training tool for our staff.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

After a very long driving day during our Aug road trip, we happened to find ourselves in Whitehall, MT....easy off/easy on exit from I-90. Using our new iPad, we read the positive TA reviews and decided to stop at the Super 8. We had no advanced reservations but staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. We had one of the last rooms available which she upgraded w/o added charge! We realized later that she was the manager! She also gave us recommendations for dinner (at the Two Bit Saloon), a near by laundromat, and their local IGA grocery store....all very convenient to hotel. No need to eat the fast food at the KFC/AW...just ask for dinner options.Our room was on the first floor and near to I-90, but with the windows and door closed and ac on, we didn't hear any traffic noise. The room was clean, comfortable and updated. The bkf in the lobby was more than expected and plentiful. We had a great night's rest at a very reasonable rate. We would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Gemini5
gmwhitehall, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

It is always a pleasure reading such a nice review from guests who have found us via TripAdvisor! We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us and travelers who rely on reviews such as yours for their lodging decisions.

I hope the next time your travel plans bring you to the Whitehall area, you will once again give us the opportunity to be your 'home away from home'.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

It's a Super 8 next to the interstate, price was right, bed was comfy, typical Super 8 breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WBerger9
Reviewed September 12, 2011

On August 29th I was driving from Iowa to Idaho. After about 15 hours on the road I decided it was time to start looking for a place to stop for the night. My plan was to make it to Butte, Montana, but as my girlfriend started pulling up reviews of hotels on her phone it seemed that every hotel in Butte was expensive and had issues. She came across the Super 8 in Whitehall, Montana (about 25 miles East of Butte) and it was cheaper than the Super 8 in Butte and it had positive reviews. We decided to exit and check it out. I was pleasantly surprised to find such a nice looking building when we pulled up in front of it. The lady who manages the place was extremely nice and I asked if the hotel was new. She said that it was actually older, but her and her husband had been renovating it and upgrading it. In my opinion, it has been very well taken care of. She quickly checked me in and I got a nice king bedroom on the bottom floor. The room was clean and nice and quiet. One thing to note, she told me that they pretty much close up shop at 11 pm, so if you are traveling through late at night I am not sure if you would be able to get a room or not. The town of Whitehall is pretty small. There was a KFC/A&W across the street and a Subway within a block. There was also a gas station/casino next door to the hotel. This hotel worked great as a place to stop for the night if you weren't looking for anything other than a place to sleep. I wasn't in the area long enough to see what else there was to do in the town. This Super 8 was nice though, and less than $80 (compared to over $100 for the Super 8 in Butte according to what the internet listed). I would have no qualms staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank BobnIdaho
gmwhitehall, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Bob: Thank you so very much for the great review. We love hearing that your stay with us was a SUPER one. I sure hope the next time your travel plans bring you to the Whitehall area you will once again be our guest and hopefully you will have some time to spend exploring our town, there are many interesting places to see and visit.

Our lobby/Front Desk does close at 11PM most evenings, but we do have a 'doorbell' that guests who arrive after hours can ring that will bring us to the Front Desk. My husband and I live on site, so no matter the hour, if you are on the road, looking for a SUPER place to stay, we invite you to stop at the Super 8 Whitehall.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Large, very clean room with better than standard room amenities. Fridge and mircorave were a plus. Standard free breakfast in lobby. Much nicer than the average Super 8. Very friendly owner/hosts who were very helpful with area information. Price was right too! A nice propery.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ncbyrne
gmwhitehall, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

We are pleased to read that your recent stay with us at the Super 8 Whitehall was a SUPER experience. It's always nice to hear that we have met and/or exceeded our guests expectations. We hope the next time your travel plans have you in the Whitehall area, you'll once again give us the opportunity to be your 'home away from home'.