We just returned from our 1st trip to Whitefish and our stay at the Good Medicine Lodge. This B&B was nice and I think what makes it stand out from probably any other lodging in Whitefish is Woody the owner. He made us feel very welcome and always available to have a friendly conversation… he also provided us with excellent recommendations for dining out. You can tell he has a love and passion for running this B&B and is very proud of it and very proud to live in Montana.
We stayed in the Tamarack room and it was ‘OK’… it was clean but it was a bit on the small side and on the main level… if we were to stay here again we would definitely choose a room on the 2nd floor as we were woken up several times to the sounds of thump thump thump from the room above us. This started at approx. 6:30 in the morning and at one point I said to my husband ‘are they moving furniture up there?’ as the thumps changed to bangs. There is also no TV in the room, which I understand as you are supposed to be getting away from it all… but I do like to watch the news and fall asleep to the TV at night, it’s not a deal breaker for me but it is a personal preference that I like to have a choice of. Also, there was no hairdryer in the room… which surprised me as most Hotels and upper scale B&B’s provide hairdryers now.
Wifi was sporadic – most of the time it was a bit slow. We mentioned it once to Woody and he reset something on the tower – but it only made a difference for a short while. We did not mention it again as we were only there for a couple of nights and just used the internet for checking our e-mails.
Breakfast was very good – the portions are a bit smaller but we are 100% OK with that as we do prefer quality over quantity and it was definitely quality! It started with a nice fruit plate, then fresh muffin and the main entrée. It was nice to sign up and place your order the night before, you have 3 different choices for the main entrée and they change daily so you always have something new to choose from. Also, they have restaurant style seating so you can keep to yourself or have a conversation with another guest if you choose, we liked that option.
I felt Happy Hour was nice treat before heading out for dinner. You have a selection of White or Red Wine, a choice from approx. 4 different beers, or Sparkling Soda. They also had some limited appetizers out… the smoked trout we had on the 1st night was delicious…. Again, we thought this was a very nice touch that goes over and above a regular B&B.
Location was very good… at first we thought it was a bit far away from the town but realized it was only a 15 minute walk. We did this on our 2nd night so we could go and enjoy dinner and a drink in town and not worry about driving home. We definitely felt safe walking to/from the Lodge into town, there is a sidewalk on the other side of the street all the way to downtown so you did not have to worry about cars on the highway.
All and all Good Medicine Lodge is a Good bed and breakfast and a Good choice for Whitefish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Good Medicine Lodge is a highly acclaimed Montana Bed and Breakfast located in northwestern Montana in the town of Whitefish. Recognized as top 4 Best Breakfast at B&B for 2017 and 3rd place ski lodge in 2016. Lodging at this great inn is near Glacier National Park, Big Mountain skiing at Whitefish Mountain Resort, Whitefish Lake and Flathead Lake. This is the hidden gem you have been looking for to meet your accommodation needs. A gourmet breakfast is served each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Good Medicine Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Medicine Hotel Whitefish
- Good Medicine Lodge Whitefish, Montana