We needed a hotel that was convenient to Glacier National Park but not too pricey. The Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge fit the bill. We were two couples and one couple was celebrating their 40th anniversary during our stay. I let the staff know this a couple of weeks before the stay and they upgraded up to suites. Sweet! What a great stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were extremely comfortable. Super convenient location to downtown Whitefish (for restaurants) and Glacier National Park.
So what went wrong to merit "only" a very good rating? First, there was noise. Revelers arrived above one of our rooms at midnight and didn't stop making noise until after 2am. I suspect this could be a real issue in ski season because the floors conducted a lot of foot noise from overhead. Second, the breakfasts were not spectacular, except for the do-it-yourself waffles. The eggs (looked more like yellow pancakes than eggs) were pretty dried out and the cereal selection is OK for kids but too sugary for adults watching their carbs. The breakfast was OK in a pinch, but we elected to skip the free breakfast on the second morning and strike out for better fare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose this comfortable and convenient hotel in Whitefish near many of northern Montana's great outdoor attractions.For travelers looking for quality hotel lodging accommodations near Whitefish Mountain Ski and Summer Resort, Glacier National Park, Flathead Lake, and Glacier International Airport, the Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge offers the ideal lodging location and experience. Guests can enjoy mountain views and the hotel's pleasant and relaxing mountain lodge atmosphere. Located in beautiful Whitefish in Montana's Flathead Valley the Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge also gives guests convenient access to outdoor sports and activities year-round, including: skiing, golfing, fishing, hiking, boating, whitewater rafting, kayaking, hunting and biking.The Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge offers guestrooms with king or queen size beds. Suites, featuring a fire place, jetted tub, and wet bar, are also available. This pet-friendly hotel has specially designated rooms available for guests who wish to travel with their dogs and/or cats. All rooms come fully equipped with cable satellite television and high speed internet access. A complimentary hot breakfast is served daily. Additional hotel amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, fitness center, and a business center.Meeting rooms, banquet space, and conference services make this Montana retreat the perfect location for business activities and other small group events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rocky Mountain Hotel Whitefish
- Best Western Whitefish
- Whitefish Best Western
- Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge Whitefish, Montana