“Hasn't changed”
Review of The Bierstube

The Bierstube
Ranked #35 of 97 Restaurants in Whitefish
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Went 25yrs between visits and nothing has changed, well very little. It is still the place to be, crowded, loud, and everything you want when having hillside drinks with friends. Good selection of draft. No waitresses but the bartenders seem to keep up. Didn't have food.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Went here several times on our trip in Whitefish, and always had a good time. Cheep beers & cocktails, with no wait ever at the bar. No nonsense as others say, order at the bar for drinks/food; and pay or start a tab. I prefer this, instead of waiting for a waitress; especially if others in your group drink at a different pace.
Had the chili, and it was amazing; also did the chicken finger basket and it was good too.
Great "Ski Town" bar, with bits of history from the past, great ski movies playing day & night; plenty of hooks everywhere to hang your wet coats; lots of seating; and a fireplace too.
The Snow Bus stop is only a few feet away if you're staying in town; and they have a schedule posted right by the doors.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great place to go and have lunch and a few beers. The food is affordable and tastes excellent. We came here twice on our trip, both times not very many people were in there so we had the place to ourselves. The staff are helpful.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Spotted this place while we were checking into the resort they had a giant Superbowl party sign on the building so I assumed this would be a great place to watch the NFL playoffs. After skiing in the morning I followed my plan and went there for football. Ordered a beer and pizza and waited for the game to start. The game started but they had Phish playing on the sound system. When asked if I could listen to the game I was told no, when asked if there was another place I could go to watch the game I was told no. They were rude and ridiculous. Who projects a football game onto a bed sheet in a bar and then plays Phish???? BTW Ed & Mully's across the street is where you might want to go for guest service.

1  Thank TravelCandyV
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The Stub has the coldest and best selection of beer on tap at Whitefish Resort hands down!

This is a no frills, no chatty bartender kinda place, which I like! The simple walk up and pay, or start a tab with the bartender set up means quick moving lines and prompt service. The food is basic, but if you like deep fried or grilled options this is the place for you. I enjoyed the laid back vibe of the place, the seating turns communal when the place picks up which can lead to hearing great stories of other peoples adventure on the hill which is a bonus!

Been to The Bierstube? Share your experiences!