“No service if not a local.”

Montana Coffee Traders
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Whitefish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I am a frequent visitor to Whitefish and Montana Coffee Traders. The coffee and food are fairly good. However, last time I went there I waited 47 minutes for an americano. The staff prepared every other order before mine, because every other customer was a local. The coffee was not prepared in the order that it was taken, but based on a caste system. I was very disappointed in the service and will NEVER buy their over priced coffee again.

Hannahsweat, Manager at Montana Coffee Traders, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

Wow, 47 minutes for an Americano is ridiculous. We’re sorry that you had such a bad experience on your last visit to our Whitefish store. It is our goal to create a wonderful experience for all of our customers. We have since conducted additional training with our baristas. We have also recently reconfigured our layout to improve the natural flow for customers and to better expedite service with less confusion on where to order and where to pick up drinks.

We hope you will give us another chance next time you are back in Whitefish, say hi to Kim our new manager when you’re in. We look to earn your positive feedback .

Reviewed October 3, 2009

terrible coffee. condescending staff. a little competition in this town would be wonderful.

Reviewed May 26, 2009

Montana Coffee Traders has great coffee and great espresso drinks. It doesn't have a commercial feel to it, still a great little coffee shop vibe. It does have quite a bit of items for sale (dog collars, jewelry, aprons) that aren't coffee related, but are great for perusing while waiting for your handcrafted drink. Highly recommend the CoffeeBuzz frozen drink (with two extra shots, of course)

Reviewed March 28, 2009

I visited both the Whitefish and Columbia Falls locations (the Columbia Falls location is not on Trip Advisor) I do have a preference for the Columbia Falls location, they serve breakfast all day on Sundays. This was the most inexpensive and my most enjoyed meal of the whole trip. The staff are so friendly, and are really willing to go above and beyone. We had Traders Potatos (Diced Potatos with avocado slices, black beans cheese, fresh salsa on the side and I added bacon to mine), my bf had Corn Beef Hash. The bread that they use for toast is so good, and still appears healthy. I tried both the Mexican Hot Chocolate and a Chai Latte ( made with David Rio's Chai mix, makes for a very creamy drink, like a hot heavenly milkshake) They also have some items for sale, my favorite buy was the star lantern that I purchased from there.

Reviewed June 2, 2008

Drinks are good - I'm more of a tea drinker than coffee drinker, and they serve fresh brewed, usually from loose tea or full leaf bags. Their chai is also not the uber-sugary most popular brand but a spicier mix I prefer. Mexican hot chocolate tastes like chocolate not watered down soy product! Pastries are tender flaky and delicious - just make sure you get them when fresh. Ask which ones they baked that day. Raspberry cornmeal scones are my favorite. Bocadillas (panini-grilled filled tortillas) are tasty. They make them in the morning and grill when ordered, which means they're quick, but if you have a food allergy or strong preference (like my lactose-intolerant husband) you can't leave out any ingredients. It's a good thing I only get to Whitefish about twice a month...I'd probably spend more time and money here than would be prudent.