“Great cup of coffee.”

Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Whitefish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great coffee and breakfast. I liked the coffee so much, I purchased 2 pounds to bring home. They also have a cute gift shop attached to the coffee shop.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been visiting Whitefish for a week and had this place recommended to me several times. In my opinion the standard of a coffee shop is it's traditional drip brewed coffee, which has been consistantly unavailable each day. It appears the baristas here are more concerned with chatting with the people who order lattes in attempts to gain tips while the pot of coffee sits dry. Possibly they should just change the name to Montana Latte Traders and do away with coffee all together.

The food is your standard trendy coffee shop fair, it's good but nothing to rave about and it's priced on par with other traditional coffee shops. However I've seen their drip brewed coffee sold at other markets in town for less than they charge in their actual shop.

The atmosphere is cluttered for the amount of people they are serving, giving the place the appearance that they are more interested in selling scarves and knick knacks than coffee.

I plan on returning to visit in the winter to ski and will most likely just brew my own coffee in my hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Liked they opened early in downtown to get your "MORNING JAVA".. We also like that people could leave their dogs outside and watch them while they were inside with the coffee. It needed more outside tables though..

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were wondering why people seemed to flock to this place, and when we stopped in, we realized why. It's a homey place with an eclectic and friendly staff and an neat, current vibe. The prices were extremely reasonable for coffee and other beverages and they baked goods were a steal! The scone I had was delish! To top it off, it's apparently a local place, and I would always rather give my business to a locally owned business versus the mass-produced chain places. Check it out!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I really like coffee, but I'm not a "coffee culture" guy. The Montana Coffee Traders stores actually seem to be more focused on the quality of the coffee than the quality of the culture (take note Starbucks). Tanzanian Peaberry was on tap the day we stopped in. It was outstanding. Visited stores in Columbia Falls and Whitefish. The Columbia Falls store felt like a local joint, while the Whitefish store was more touristy, but I guess that's to be expected. Overall, a great place to get your morning joe.