“average coffee”

Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Whitefish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 19, 2012

average coffee for taste; average service. Not unfriendly but not overly friendly when obvious we were visitors.

1  Thank Kelley R

Reviewed November 20, 2012

One thing to know about Montana Coffee traders is the locations vary on who runs them and what service you get. this review is for the Montana Coffee Traders located in downtown Whitefish. Our experience was not great here so we did not stop in anywhere else.

After we landed at the local airport, on our way to our hotel, we stopped in here to rest and relax after a 12 hour flight. This turned out to be a mistake and the low point of our trip.

We wanted a snack and some coffee. What we found was a very limited menu filled with over lycomplicated items and staff that were so Hip they were having a hard time seeing over their own pelvises to help the customers.

We ended up orderring some sort of oatmeal bar that was stale and some chips and salsa that were also stale and frankly not very good. The coffee was old and very bitter. It was also very confussing on sizes and service with us direccted to grab our cup behind us when they found out I only wanted a a regular cup of coffee. I may have been addled by the long flight, but a little description on how teh service worked would have been nice.

Not Sure if this was because I hit this place mid afternoon at shift change over or something similar. Not sure if maybe I was being overly grumpy, but frankly this place made me nervous I had made a major mistake vacationing in Whitefish MT. Luckly Everything turned itself around. due to these doubts I am not going to go lower than three stars, but if I was sure I would go lower.

so to sum up, food bad, coffee bad, service to cool for school, but it may just be this one location and I may have been grumpy.

2  Thank Michael T
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The food, service and value were all very nice. We had skillet style meals and the ingredients were fresh & delicious. It had a mercantile area with MORE than Montana Coffee Traders name brand goods.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Did not have any food there, but coffee was exceptional. We always like to try and use a local coffee shop when traveling, and Montana Coffee Traders did not disappoint.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great coffee and the staff is also good, plus there food items are pretty tasty, not to bad of priced either