“good basic Italian food”
Review of Ciao Mambo

Ciao Mambo
Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The lights are low, the music is turned up, wine is flowing, and the energy is buzzing in the air. It’s a perfect evening and the perfect setting for…Italian food at MAMBO’S. With creative twists on classic recipes there is something for everyone in the family. It’s Italian Nachos, Minestrone, Lasagne, Tiramisu, Chianti, Frank Sinatra, Great Fun, Wonderful Service and a whole lot more… Ciao Mambo atmosphere works just as well for romantic couples as it does for a cozy table of family, friends and children too.At Mambo’s, we serve up immigrant style Southern Italian cuisine in a happening family ambiance. Our pasta dishes with rich, savory sauces and fresh ingredients, thin crust pizzas baked to perfection, and unmatchable service will keep you coming back for more. If the atmosphere and friendly service don't seduce you, the pasta will. Bring your friends, family and appetite for fun, and we'll handle the rest. Come on in, your table is waiting!
Spokane, Washington
“good basic Italian food”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

group of 10 in May for dinner. Handled us easily. A variety of items were ordered by all, service was efficient and food arrived warm. All agreed it was good, but nothing extraordinary. Good place to load up on a large dinner during ski season or before heading out hiking.

1 Thank k2kelley

Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

First of all....I tried to make a reservation a few days ahead of time and was told they only take reservations for large groups. When we arrived, there were 3 or 4 small groups waiting for a table. We thought this was a good sign, so we decided to wait too. We waited about 30 minutes for a table. We had been to Mambo a few years earlier and had enjoyed our meal, and hoped for more of the same. My husband ordered spaghetti and meatballs and I had Penne Isabella. My husband ate the meatballs, I ate the sausage, and we both passed on the pasta. I didn't think you could make bad pasta. My husband said his spaghetti wasn't cooked and the sauce was tasteless. My penne wasn't fully drained, so it was basically pasta with slices of garlic in water. No complaints about the service.
We did have some great meals in Whitefish though....I would recommend both Tupelo Grill, and McGarry's Roadhouse.

2 Thank Foodie4546
Kalispell, Montana
“You Don't Want To Miss This Place”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. A couple of small negatives: no hard liquour, beer & wine only, and the prices for these are pretty pricey.

NJ
“An evening of entertainment too”
Reviewed September 18, 2009

We sat close to the kitchen and were able to watch the chef and his staff fill orders. Everyone should know what goes on behind the scenes and we had a ring side seat. Rodlynn our waitress was fast and perky and the manager came over to chat with us too. Very down home. Their food, campese for one and the shrimp fra diabalo was also excellent. I don't usually like tomato sauce in restaurants but this was made with fresh tomatoes. A great value for the price. Wish it were in my neighborhood at home.

1 Thank rovingsue
Georgetown, Texas
“Lots of food- made for good breakfast leftovers”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We waited about 15 minutes to be seated on the patio- didn't want to waste such a beautiful summer night. I had manicotti with sausage- DH had the penne pasta with vodka sauce. Both were terrific. Plus we had Caesar salads- I liked it but DH thinks the dressing tasted too much like Green Goddess. The pizza at the next table looked and smelled wonderful. They could probably use more lighting on the patio- it was pretty dark by the end of dinner! But the waitstaff was very good and the beer was good- who can ask for more with good Italian food?