“Poor management”

Ciao Mambo
Ranked #5 of 97 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The lights are low, the music is turned up, wine is flowing, and the energy is buzzing in the air. It’s a perfect evening and the perfect setting for…Italian food at MAMBO’S. With creative twists on classic recipes there is something for everyone in the family. It’s Italian Nachos, Minestrone, Lasagne, Tiramisu, Chianti, Frank Sinatra, Great Fun, Wonderful Service and a whole lot more… Ciao Mambo atmosphere works just as well for romantic couples as it does for a cozy table of family, friends and children too.At Mambo’s, we serve up immigrant style Southern Italian cuisine in a happening family ambiance. Our pasta dishes with rich, savory sauces and fresh ingredients, thin crust pizzas baked to perfection, and unmatchable service will keep you coming back for more. If the atmosphere and friendly service don't seduce you, the pasta will. Bring your friends, family and appetite for fun, and we'll handle the rest. Come on in, your table is waiting!
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

They say no reservations. They say come by 6 and there will be no problem. Show up at 5:45 and be told the only tables are for reservations. Just save the aggravation and eat somewhere else.

1  Thank Knorc

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Food was good! The portions are ridiculously huge...though I'm not complaining. The restaurant itself is quite average. We were seated upstairs...very cheap benches, but we were comfortable...just happy to have a seat seeing we waited 30 minutes in line....busy place.

The free bread with the food looked great...just wish it tasted better. It was extremely dry...and on top of it, we had no plates to eat it with...but we made due. Our hipster waiter (if you didn't have a touque on or mustache, dont think you were allowed to work here)...just joking;)...was a friendly guy. Service was never really an issue.

I'd recommend this place based on price and portions...great leftovers!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great food. We almost left because the table they seated us at was tiny and right by the drink station, but they were quick to move around some "reserved" tables and make us comfortable (without us asking). High class all the way and we ate for two days on left-overs :)

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was so impressed! The best Italian food I have ever eaten. My friend and I shared a plate of nachos as well as an entree' of Alfredo-goodness. Too much food to even share=) you will be so impressed. i hope you get the waitress Kody. She was amazing. They have white paper on the tables with crayons. She came and wrote her name on the paper UPSIDE DOWN so it would be facing us. That takes some talent! We did't get any alcohol but I could hear her talking to the table next to us. Very knowledgeable! The food was extraordinary! We got there at 5 when they opened and we still had to stand in line. Very popular! I wish they were open for lunch because they would make bank and I would have a happy belly!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I come to Whitefish every year to ski and we always look forward to eating at this restaurant. The garlic bread is very tasty. We always try something new on the menu and haven't been disappointed yet.