“Great place to go for good food & nice atmosphere...”
Review of Tupelo Grille

Tupelo Grille
Ranked #3 of 95 Restaurants in Whitefish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tupelo Grille is located in the heart of downtown Whitefish, Montana. Established in 1995, we have earned a reputation of being one of the best restaurants in Northwest Montana – a place to gather with friends and family for any occasion. We specialize in thoughtfully prepared Southern cuisine, offering fresh sea food, grilled steaks and signature pastas – all presented by a friendly, experienced, and attentive staff. Our cuisine is served alongside an innovative, yet familiar cocktail program and an award-winning wine list. Combined with a warm, casual atmosphere, we have consistently delivered a memorable dining experience to all of our guests. Whether you're from down the street or across the country, we want everyone to feel like a regular. Treat yourself to warm, comfortable, mountain-west hospitality and come join us at The Tupelo.
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Our family visited and dined at Tupelo this summer. The place is small, but well distributed to create a bustling, enjoyable atmosphere. Our waiter was superb, with the right amount of attention and understanding of my gluten allergy. His father has the same and he recommended the fish special that night, which was excellent. My family enjoyed the quality of their meals and we would definitely go back there if visiting that area again!

Reviewed July 28, 2010

A group of us, thirteen to be exact, were going to see the musical "Hair" and decided it would be nice to have dinner before the play. We had reservations and were seated promptly. It went downhill fast from there. Our server didn't seem to like her job. She was impatient, sarcastic, example "I work with special needs kids so I'm not going to have a problem serving you folks", and when asked if we could have separate checks by couples, she said "there's no way I'm going to run 15 different credit cards". We explained there would be only 6 different checks, but she said no way. When the check came, she did seperate my bill, but had everyone else on one check. Now to the food. I had the Shrimp & cheese grits. My wife had the penne pasta with chicken & andouille sausage. Both were good. Everyone else was pleased with their meals as well. The bread pudding was too dense & heavy. No hard liquor so if you like a cocktail before dinner your choice is beer or wine. Very pricey menu. Bad service tends to overshadow good food, so, this will be my first and last trip to this restaurant.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

We have eaten here many times, have never been disappointed in the food or the service. It is by far the greatest dining experience in Whitefish!

Reviewed June 17, 2010

Tupelo Grille was SUPERB! Loved the shrimp and grits and bread pudding for dessert.

Reviewed June 12, 2010

The food was excellent. We had mostly Cajun and my husband compared it to New Orleans. Go figure in Northwest MT. Very extensive wine list with good selections. Thought it was a bit overpriced. Was a bit disappointed that we were given a small table despite having reservations and bigger tables sat open all evening. Service was good but not great compared to other places we were in Whitefish. Definitely the most casual of our experiences. The Key Lime Moouse was to die for.

1  Thank rhcNM