“A perfect spot on a rainy night”
Review of Tupelo Grille

Tupelo Grille
Ranked #7 of 97 Restaurants in Whitefish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tupelo Grille is located in the heart of downtown Whitefish, Montana. Established in 1995, we have earned a reputation of being one of the best restaurants in Northwest Montana – a place to gather with friends and family for any occasion. We specialize in thoughtfully prepared Southern cuisine, offering fresh sea food, grilled steaks and signature pastas – all presented by a friendly, experienced, and attentive staff. Our cuisine is served alongside an innovative, yet familiar cocktail program and an award-winning wine list. Combined with a warm, casual atmosphere, we have consistently delivered a memorable dining experience to all of our guests. Whether you're from down the street or across the country, we want everyone to feel like a regular. Treat yourself to warm, comfortable, mountain-west hospitality and come join us at The Tupelo.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We hadn't been to Whitefish in a long time and arrived on a rainy day (which actually, coming from parched California, was wonderful! It even snowed a little, even though it was June. Just added to the cozy atmosphere of the restaurant!). Anyway, we went downtown looking for a place for dinner and decided to give this place a try. We LOVED it! Great recommendations for food and drink by our server, I had some excellent salmon and my husband's risotto was delicious. Tasty salads and side dishes; a real class act with a great, upscale ambience and friendly, knowledgeable wait staff. Highly recommended!

1  Thank K W

Reviewed August 5, 2014

While this is still one of my favorites in Whitefish, I have to amend my Sept 2013 rave review because of the last visit at the end of July, 2014.

Food and service still remain topnotch, but we were seated, on a busy night, in the far right section of the restaurant (as you enter, near the collage Mona Lisa artwork).

A full house and several big tables plus an
unusually loud and obnoxious talking and singing group ( not professional) next to us made my teeth hurt and my feet turn for the door as quickly as possible. The noise level spoiled an otherwise good dinner.

Not liking to complain, without offering a positive solution. If the Tupelo doesn't add some noise deadening material to that area, I will only eat there if I can make a reservation for one of the other areas.

By all means eat at this fine restaurant, but pick your seating area carefully.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Loved this newly expanded and renovated restaurant. The food is well prepared and yummy. Staff are friendly and fun. My only disappointment was in the creme brûlée I ordered for dessert. It was bland and rather tasteless. All other items ordered were excellent.

1  Thank Travelchick1983
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have spent a lot of time in New Orleans, so was a bit skeptical about a cajun restaurant in a small town in Montana. Wow was I surprised! Really good food here, and the service was very accomadating. Don't miss the BREAD PUDDING for dessert-- it's some of the best I have ever had!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is an excellent restaurant! Service and food was delicious. Wine list is extensive. Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and creme brulee was fantastic!

1  Thank Richard L