“Great atmosphere but taste not so”

Mc Garry's Roadhouse
Ranked #22 of 90 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Great atmosphere but taste not so”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Went here on advice from Trip Advisor. The atmosphere was great as you can watch the chef cook but I had the Big Mountain noodle dish which I felt tasted bad. Told the waitress and she offered to get me something else but I was tired after a long day of traveling so I elected to take a slice of pie instead. Don't know what they did to that apple pie but it was sloppy & nasty. I paid for everything. I wasn't looking for a free dinner but a offer to comp me for a slice of pie would've been nice.

KELLDOG, Owner at Mc Garry's Roadhouse, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I appreciate your comments, but I think you're being a bit harsh. You said that you did not like our version of miso sauce. I can accept that our tastes will differ. I tasted our sauce after your visit, and it is what our recipe calls for, and it remains a popular dish. Your server was very kind and concerned.

My apologies for the crumbled-down apple - we are working with our staff to keep it as "upright" as possible!

Englewood, Florida
“A little pricey, but worth it!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After 4 days of BBQ, burgers, chicken and fries we were craving a good, healthy meal. McGarry's was perfectly relaxing, nice service, great food and wine. We both ordered off the specials menu - I had halibut, carmalized carrots/onions. My husband had the NY strip steak and asparagus. Both fantastic. . . and so nice to finally get vegetables with a meal!! The only negative was the bread (not fresh or tasty) but everything else was perfect.

KELLDOG, Owner at Mc Garry's Roadhouse, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments!! And boy, were you right about the bread - although the stale part was a surprise. Our wonderful artisan bakery forgot to deliver our order, and I went to the supermarket for "their" baked bread about 1/2 hour before we opened. Not a good idea as it turned out, and I won't make that mistake again. Many many thanks again.
“This is Whitefish”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Here for five days, twice eating here. I felt at home, at ease, safe. And did I mention the food? Great food, well prepared. An attentive staff. And the bar crew, are you serious? Hello, Sandy, you keep it together.

Hoping to return REAL soon!

KELLDOG, Owner at Mc Garry's Roadhouse, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Did we have fun or what?! We will ALL look forward to your next visit to town! Thank you so much!
Chester, Maryland
“Great food”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We only had a chance to eat here one night and what a treat. Everyone was delighted with their food and the whole grilled trout was awesome. The service was also wonderful. What a treat to be able to walk across the street from our b&b to a fantastic restaurant.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Best meal we had in Whitefish”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly staff interested in making sure I got the fish I preferred whereas my spouse loved his chicken dish, great dirty martinis. Best meal we had in Whitefish although Buffalo Café and Tupelo's were good also.

Visited May 2013
KELLDOG, Owner at Mc Garry's Roadhouse, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much! We sure enjoyed visiting with you. Take care!