“Just bad. Atmosphere, food, service..”

Mc Garry's Roadhouse
Ranked #22 of 90 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Lethbridge, Alberta
“Just bad. Atmosphere, food, service..”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Liked, uh.. Nothing.

Seating was very uncomfortable. Service was slow. Music was an embarrassing effort by an old pianist and I assume his wife.. I felt bad for them. The food.. Seemed like it was from a can - ordered scallop carbonara - and it was all but inedible.

Driven past this place for years because it always looked to me like someone trying to "buy" atmosphere - I guess I wasn't wrong. Keep driving by. Terrible. Not good.

I think I've expressed my feelings on this point.

Visited February 2013
6 Thank Roblaw
KELLDOG, Owner at Mc Garry's Roadhouse, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
How horrible for you to endure such torture!! Bad food! Bad service! Bad chair! Bad music! And to think you were rendered SPEECHLESS during your visit because you never said a word to us to make your meal more agreeable. You said absolutely nothing. What a perfect set-up to summarily dismiss our efforts. Instead you silently sneak back to your computer and submit this ridiculous opinion. (By the way, for you jazz fans, the pianist was none other than Billy Wallace.) But back to you, darling guest. We are owner/operators with over 35 years of hospitality experience. Furthermore, we invested our entire savings to create a business that we nurture and hold to high standards every day. Please rest assured that with the exception of the ice cream and bread that we serve, we make everything else every day. We do not try to "buy" atmosphere. We are here to provide friendly, professional and respectful service to our guests. We take your opinion to heart, however, nowhere in your experience with us did you attempt to even express any disappointment. We believe everyone deserves a chance to correct percieved mistakes, and our industry is uniquely qualified to address those concerns immediately for our customers. The one thing we cannot do is read minds.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Two excellent meals with warm service”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Loved the food (typhoon noodles first time, sliced steak second time), the warm atmosphere and the impeccable service. Well worth the price.

Visited February 2013
McLean, Virginia
“lucky find”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

right across the street from a great home run motel, Good Medicine lodge---name says it all!
Fit for foodies, and nice wine list.

Visited July 2012
KELLDOG, Owner at Mc Garry's Roadhouse, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you so much! We remember your visit, and hope you come back to see us and the Good Medicine Lodge! Best wishes!
Alberta, Canada
“NY- Main Course just OK”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had NY dinner here. Appy's and Drinks were great (Vit. Spiders were a 10 out of 10). Main course was a different story. $32 for a Rib eye that was like Pan fried Pork Chop. Second visit here and still waiting to be wow'd.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Notch18
KELLDOG, Owner at Mc Garry's Roadhouse, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hmmmmm. Fried like a pork chop....not sure about this, but I can tell you that it is seared on hot steel and finished on the broiler...not prepared correctly? Did you let us know??? By all means, don't keep it a mystery! You've been here before!!! Let me help while you're here so we can take a look and make it better for you. PS - you mention NY and Ribeye in the same review - I am thinking that it was indeed the ribeye. Until we meet again, thank you for your input!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A funny place”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Me and the wife stopped in at this place after a day at glacier park. It had been drizzeling most of the day and I was slightly bedraggled when we walked into this place on a Tuesday night. Jeans, Vodoo bowling shirt, boots and hat. I cut the counter culture figure.

A request for a table was quickly met and me and my wife were seated. I now think our seating was revenge, because seated next to us was apparently the most annoying california group who still haunt small parts of the flathead valley. The canadians can be pushy, but the scourge of california resists all efforts to flush it out of the area. Their were plenty of other tables but I was seated right next to them.

Apparently, according to my wife, my presence was slightly offensive to this group, they kept staring at my back. I am also a BIG man with an aura of violence about me so their was no way they were actually going to say anything to me. So they decided to drench themselves in psuedo culture and talk about how much people liked them instead, loudly, so I could hear.All very passive agressive, to bad I just did not care!

This led to the fun. My wife worked in a wine store and was rolling in tears after we left about how ignorant these "cultured" people were about wines. Their choices, their discussions, it was obvious that people for decades had been overcharging them for bad wine and telling them it was good. they spoke how much the owner liked them, but when he came out he studiosly avoided them and the owners wife only came over, once, when directly asked about a wine choice.

Service was great and attentive, even though the culture thugs behind me wanted to nit pick everything our waitress held her tongue . I guess I was all the pay back she needed. That and the fact that when I stood up to leave I paid the bill in cash with a fat tip, something that made the snooties behind me jaws drop.

Food was excellent and changes daily. Like a lot of places this place had their dog greeting you at the door from behind its picket fence. Unfortunatly it was not bread putddng night and no matter how much I weeped openly they could not produce any, telling me stuff is actually made the day it is served.

So do stop in, its a great place. food is well done and the atmosphere is nice. Just try to stay away from the californians!

• Visited May 2012