“Great atmosphere, Great food”

Buffalo Cafe & Nightly Grill
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Whitefish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This by far the best breakfast in Whitefish. It never disappoints with great daily specials. Huckleberry pancakes are the best!

There are newer reviews for Buffalo Cafe & Nightly Grill

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just what we were looking for after a big night out in whitefish. Full cooked breakfast with a range of options! I especially loved that you could have a breakfast of savoury and sweet- and not have to sacrifice either (as I am always torn between pancakes or the works type breakkie!) I opted for blueberry pancakes with eggs and bacon, and added sausages! DELICIOUS! It was all cooked perfectly, and although there was 10 of us we were served promptly and all at the same time- with ample maple syrup to indulge in! Our waitress was great, and kept bringing us hot water for our tea which was well received! Would definitely go again and highly recommend it!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place had been recommended to us by a couple of people when we told them we were making our first trip to Whitefish. They said the breakfast here was the best in town -- since we haven't had breakfast everywhere in Whitefish I can't verify that, but dang, it was a good breakfast! Pancakes, eggs, and coffee for me, french toast, eggs, and bacon for my husband. The pancakes and eggs were very good, although I asked for my eggs "over hard" and they were just a bit runny. The french toast was heavenly. They use a swirled cinnamon bread to make it. Coffee -- good. Husband says his bacon and eggs were "Excellent!" My only complaint - they didn't have waffles on the menu. Two thumbs up for breakfast.

So we came back to try dinner. I had a veggie burger and salad while my husband had the burger special - a huge beef patty with two types of bacon, plus a cup of vegetable beef soup. Guess he gets a little tired living with a vegetarian! My veggie burger came with feta cheese and an aioli that was so flavorful. The dinner salad was crisp and had vegetables mixed in, not just lettuce and grated carrots. A+. Husband's burger was "Fantastic!" and the soup was "very, very good!" We also split a chocolate shake that was good, but not that big. The waitresses both at breakfast and dinner was sweet and johnny-on-the-spot to refill our water glasses as soon as they were half-empty. They checked back with us several times and made sure we were happy. We sure were!

1  Thank AncientPlanter
Reviewed October 5, 2012

During our trip to Yellowstone, Glacier and Arches NP in September we stayed in Whitefish Lake, Montana. We ate dinner twice at the Buffalo Café and Nightly Grill. What a great place to eat!! The menu selection was excellent. The food was outstanding as well as the service. The prices were very reasonable. Get there early or be prepared to wait. Lots of home town people eat there which is always a good sign. The Buffalo Café gets our highest rating possible. If you go to Whitefish this is a must place to eat!!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had to visit the Buffalo twice; once for the burgers and the second time for a breakfast. The Hellfire was a great burger, just the right amount of heat. Eggs anyway were great and the huckleberry pancakes are required for anyone who has not had them. I'm sure the rest of the menu is just as good as what we had time to try.