“Superb restaurant”

Cafe Kandahar
Ranked #18 of 94 Restaurants in Whitefish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small, boutique, fine dining establishment specializing in farm-to-table ingredients, creative techniques, wine pairings, and tasting menus.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We lucky enough to enjoy two dinners at Cafe Kandahar. Both were delicious and unusual. Wine pairings were always on the mark!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Kandahar

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Service was out of this world & so was the food. I had tried to book a room at the lodge as well - but it was sold out. So we at least had a meal & I am so glad we did.
The menu is so varied - farm to table oriented - and the preparations and presentation were creative and thoughtful, cooked brilliantly. Loved this place.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Inventive food beautifully prepared with a bartender nearby with great knowledge of spirits. Best meal in Whitefish

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife asked for a main course(polenta) that we could share as an appetizer. Our server said he had to ask the chef. The chef siad it was not possible. then my wife ordered a main course that came with potatoes and broccoli. She requested no potatoes and double broccoli. Again our server had to check with the chef. My wife was served her main course with 4 tiny pieces of broccoli with no potatoes. When we got our bill we were charged $2.75 for an extra order of vegetables. The audacity of this pompous chef to charge us extra for a routine request and then put 4 tiny pieces of broccoli on the plate is beyond belief. We will never ever be back to this restaurant.

2  Thank jklein50
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We have been loving this place for going on 10 years. If you miss this then you have missed a number one place on my "Bucket list" and should be on your list for "must go again." Like me or many people who get out to just want a real above the top meal, then go expierence Cafe Kandahar and Chef of Cafe Kandahar, Andy Blanton and his staff. You will YOU WILL BE HAPPY YOU DID.

1  Thank bobh h