“Great Dinner,greater service!”

Ranked #9 of 96 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Recently voted by the community as the "Best New Restaurant" in Whitefish as well as the "Best New Restaurant in the Flathead Valley. Featuring fresh flown in and an incredible seafood selection and Oyster Bar in the region. 20 Wines by the glass and hand selected 10 craft beers on Tap. Located 3 miles north of Whitefish on Hwy 93 West. Open from 5:00pm to 9:00pm daily. Foodie, Canadian and Family friendly!
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We've eaten at Stillwater quite a few times it's always great ! Our server always is terrific and
Sarah has great wine suggestions too!

1  Thank Mark L

Reviewed May 28, 2014

After overhearing another waiter describing the oyster shooters we ordered some from our waitress who had forgotten to tell us about them. That wouldn't matter in the end since when our entrees showed up first, we cancelled them. Who doesn't want to do an oyster shooter mid entree?
My fettuccine with scallops was so heavily coated with black pepper I couldn't eat it. His black cod was fine and just as he was finishing his dinner, mine arrived. And the noodles were not cooked. Not al dente, just not cooked and tough to cut through. This is a simple dish. I don't mind paying $100 plus for dinner but I want to be able to eat it. The manager was very apologetic and gave us a $30. gift certificate which we will never use.
Considering that there were only 3 tables occupied in the restaurant, we were surprised that more attention wasn't taken towards the meal preparation. Oh, but who should I give the gift certificate to?

1  Thank Karen D
StillwaterFishHouse, Owner at Stillwater Fish House, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Hello Karen I would like to again apologize for a bad experience here at the Stillwater Fish House. I of course as you mentioned took the meal off you bill and gave you another $30 dollar gift card so you can give us another chance at making a great evening for you. That evening I went and discussed your table with my entire staff, and would like to shed some light as to why you ended up with a sub par meal... Our chef had tried to rush your order out without giving your meal the proper attention it deserves in hopes your wait time would be cut down do to too much pepper in your original dish. I explained that if we ever remake a dish we at the least need to put out perfection so our guest doesn't receive a rushed meal. We have made changes since that evening to ensure this mistake will not happen again to any of our patrons. In this day and age I'm well aware second chances aren't given to restaurants. First impressions are everything. I hope you can understand this was a rare occurrence in our establishment, and we continue to try and bring a fun, delicious experience to all of our patrons. I can understand if you unwilling to give us a second try, but if you ever will (I personally guarantee) you will not regret the second chance. Ask for me personally Jesse Felder
Cheers

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. This place had the best selection of gluten free, and soy free, items. The owner and staff were very accomodatng. The prices were a bit high, but we'll definitely visit again in the future.

1  Thank sparhawke2000
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This place has been around for about two years, and won Taste of Whitefish in it's debut year. Unique fresh fish and sea food from all over. Will have spacious patio dining in the summer and massive overhead garage doors opening up the main dining room. Simple décor, great food and service. My wife had the days special, seared scallops with butternut squash puree. Very attractive presentation. I had the seared Ahi Tuna. Both were delicious

Very nice that the owner took the time to chat, and to hear how he came to own a seafood restaurant in Whitefish.

Casual atmosphere, moderate pricing, OK for families (if your kids like seafood). They also have some none fish choices. ALL homemade desserts. Key lime pie may have been the best I've ever had.

Just a couple mile west of downtown Whitefish, but worth the short drive.

1  Thank Marv D
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The restaurant was packed and fully booked and they managed to squeeze us in, the service was immaculate.. We were offered a brand new wine and immediately given a sample, and then a bottle.. We never waited more than a minute for anything - our server Marco was phenomenal and the meal I can't even describe how amazing it was, I am not a fish lover and had a potato wrapped halibut that was undoubtedly the best meal I have ever tasted! Fantastic meal, fantastic service, fantastic atmosphere

2  Thank daniellejantine