“Wow”

Stillwater Fish House
Ranked #11 of 89 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Recently voted by the community as the "Best New Restaurant" in Whitefish as well as the "Best New Restaurant in the Flathead Valley. Featuring fresh flown in and an incredible seafood selection and Oyster Bar in the region. 20 Wines by the glass and hand selected 10 craft beers on Tap. Located 3 miles north of Whitefish on Hwy 93 West. Open from 5:00pm to 9:00pm daily. Foodie, Canadian and Family friendly!
“Wow”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. Excellent seafood, perfect service! We have searched for good seafood in Montana since moving here a few years ago from the east coast. We found it!

Kalispell, Montana
“The Fresh Fish truck didn't make it. WHAT?”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were there a week ago to celebrate my husband's birthday. He wanted to have fresh seafood and because the reviews were so good, we decided to drive 45 minutes there. As soon as we were seated, the waitress came up and told us their Fresh Fish truck didn't arrive that day. So they were OUT of 7 ITEMS on the menu!!! We should have left then. But we didn't have reservations anywhere else, and summer is a busy time in NW Montana. So we stayed. He had the fried oysters appetizer, which he said was good. But because there was NO fresh fish of the day/special, he could not get what we came to the restaurant to eat. Instead, he ordered the fish curry. There was about 1 cup of fish curry on top of a huge mound of white rice. VERY disappointing. I had the farmer's salad, which was good. Also, when I made reservations I told them it was for a birthday, and there was no acknowledgement of that. Overall, we were VERY, VERY disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
StillwaterFishHouse, General Manager at Stillwater Fish House, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Jennifer,

I really wish I could tell a different story in response to your experience at the restaurant. Indeed at the hour of opening our fish truck arrived and was rejected for quality standards. Stillwater Fish House quality standards are absolute because we must assure you, our valued guest, that the fish that arrives on your plate is excellent. Your expectations illustrated in your comments underscore our guests expectations of us. Thus when a situation occurs such as that night we cannot run to the store, we cannot sacrifice our standards, and we will not let any plate arrive before you compromised in any way. I would rather have you post comments about shortage due to care than a poor quality meal. For all of our guests information we can receive fish any day of the week except Monday and absolutely receive fish Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Please feel free to call or make a note with your online reservation asking about our deliveries. We will be glad to share the details with you.

Best Regards,

Dan Vogel, GM
“Best fish in the State. And some meals are gluten free.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went here for the first time. It was the best fish ever. Loved the atmosphere. Waitress was great and seemed to know the menu. Everyone of the staff seemed to work together and were pleasant. We now have a new favorite. The price was fair for a great meal.I ended up taking most of my meal home since we had so much in appetizers. My dtg who is gluten free ate some and had no reaction. She loved it now we have another place we can go as a family to enjoy a nice meal.

1 Thank loventhelife
“Finally fresh fish in montana!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Great fresh fish. Nice atmosphere. Owners are wonderful and doing a great job. Whitefish needed a good fish place. Their whole fish was wonderful, as was the fish curry! Wine selection was ok. Tourist pricing.

“Left at the door.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Poor guest service is the worst foot on which to start. Made a reservation for five for dinner. Came to the host stand promptly according to our reservation and it wasn't honored. Our host put his tail between his legs and hid from our party. No apology. No remorse for the loss of sales.

Will not recommend the restaurant as an area hospitality professional and Whitefish resident.

Truly disappointed.

Visited August 2013
StillwaterFishHouse, General Manager at Stillwater Fish House, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Mr. Fly, I so clearly remember your party. With all due respect and thanks for your comments, your party arrived a full half hour early according to my on-line reservation record. I sure you also remember the two other parties of ten happily occupying our lobby. My priority at those moments was the accommodation of all our valued guests. To do so I had to be away from the desk making solutions happen for your party. We take our reserved guests very, very seriously and our commitment to honoring these arrangements is unwavering. You may have seen glasses of wine or sodas in the hands of the larger parties for whom I was running long on the wait. This is my standard practice. I regret that I was not a few minutes faster in my creation of your table. At the point where we spoke at the stairway I was coming to get you for your table. Upon double checking clock and computer screen, I was able verify that, again according to our list, that your party left 5 mins before your reservation time. I believe that here in the list is the source of our difficulty. Human or web based error non-withstanding, I sincerely had your parties best interest in mind and regret your experience was not in keeping with Stillwater Fish House Standards.

Best Regards