“Decent sleep, decent price”
Review of Cheap Sleep Motel

Cheap Sleep Motel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was in Whitefish for 1 night and just needed a place to sleep that was clean, inexpensive, and quiet. Chose Sleep Cheap after poking around and when I arrived, earlier than expected, the room was already cleaned, the staff were friendly and the room was clean.

It was a basic room with queen bed, flat panel TV, easy chair, and table with 2 chairs. No toiletries, besides soap, but I had stuff with me anyway. I was on the backside, so no traffic noise, and had a quiet night. I had to leave before the front desk opened so don't know if any breakfast was on offer (I could see a coffee pot), but the wifi was very good.

So a decent place, no frills but reasonable price.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs so you don't hear the shower draining from upstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Powel C
There are newer reviews for Cheap Sleep Motel

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was a little leary about a place named Sleep Cheap but this place was ok. Clean, courteous staff, convenient to Whitefish, near West Glacier Park. The pool is small, The complementary breakfast was limited, there is no restaurant, no microwave in the room but all-in-all it was a well worth the price. i would stay here again any time i"m the area.

Room Tip: This small motel is behind the Subway Restuarant about .75 miles from downtown Whitefish and about 2...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randyclements
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The owners of this property also run a campground behind the motel. During registration and each subsquent trip past the office the hotel staff was always on the telephone taking campground reservations. There is no elevatior and the outdoor pool is shared with the campground. On the first morning there was no breakfast in the lobby - on the second day it consisted of some boxed pastries on a cardtable. Our "non-smoking" room smelled like smoke. One night we were coming back to the property and the owners were watering their flowers, they did not even acknowledge my family or exchange a polite greeting. I can not recommend this hotel based on our visit.

Room Tip: request first floor as there is not an elevator
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank fanohiostate
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Funny name good place to stay. Staff was nice and helpful and the room was clean and neat. The bathroom was clean and neat and they gave us the extra towel we needed. Ice was near by and that was nice. Its near shopping (I bought 4 new pair of shoes) and near food so its a good place to stay
We were really glad to find the place and will stay here again when we come up that way.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We checked in on Sept 11 for two nights on our way to Glacier Park (about 25 miles away). The desk clerk had our reservation in order and checked us into Room 211. He was helpful with information about local places to eat and shop as well. We were surprised to see that “Cheap Sleeps” was still using regular keys, but we were even more surprised to see how squeaky clean the motel was.

The rooms have cinder block walls on the inside. The carpets in rooms and corridors looked and smelled clean. Our room had a newer fiberglass tub/shower combo with a good, adjustable shower head and appeared to have new vinyl flooring in the bathroom. The sink and vanity are outside the bathroom, which comes in handy if you’re travelling with your spouse. Other good amenities included a flat screen TV with plenty of channels, a small refrigerator, a table, and two chairs. We both thought that the bed was a little soft, but comfortable and we both slept well.

The room had no toiletries except soap, but we expected that for the reasonable price of the room. There was, however, a sign downstairs that said complementary toiletries are available if you need them. Also, there is no coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, or ironing board in the room, so don’t expect to find them. I thought that the towels were a little small, but, again, for the budget price, one can only expect so much.

Small pastries, cold cereal, frozen waffles, fresh apples and bananas, and coffee were served at the complimentary continental breakfast. The complimentary coffee is available 24/7 and is pretty good. I also noticed that the pop machine by the ice machine sells cans for 75 cents. Their other vending machine sold chips for 55 cents and candy bars for 85 cents. I was impressed that they were not charging extra for the convenience of using the vending machines as do many other motels.

We met the hotel’s mascot, a delightful and shy little terrier cross named Pepper.

All of the housekeeping staff was friendly. We noticed that they joked with each other and appeared to be having a good time working together.

The hotel’s pool was closed for the season, but we checked out the hot tub/ spa and it looked clean and inviting.

We were very satisfied because we were looking for an inexpensive, clean, safe place to sleep for two nights while enjoying Glacier Park and that is exactly what they deliver. Emphasis on the CLEAN.

Note that there is no elevator and the motel is two floors.

Room Tip: Note that there is no elevator and the motel is two floors. The rooms at the back of the property h...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Yup, the desk guy said 'groovy' after successfully helping me print out my boarding passes the night before I flew. Cheap Sleep is a flash from the past in many ways, but doesn't scrimp on service, cleanliness or bang for your buck. I haven't found a cheaper place to hang my hiking boots for a week and although the decor is 70's chic (truly: olive, gold & orange!) there was a big flat screen TV and modern super comfly marshmallow recliner in my room, too. I've stayed at the Cheap Sleep a few times and find it quieter at the ends of the building away from the desk and stairs. This last time I was on the 2nd floor near the stairs, very convenient, but slightly noisier than end of the hall rooms on the first floor...the doors are heavy and tend to bang no matter how one tries to ease them shut. The breakfast is minimal, apples, bananas, cereal, pastry, coffee, but the ambiance is friendly & coffee is always on in the lobby. I'll stay here again; you can't beat the super clean rooms, comfy beds, helpful desk & location at the edge of Whitefish. And as the name implies, the price is right, about $60 a night in Sept.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Lisabrux
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The name of this place makes me chuckle but this hotel is a great value. Although it's a bit old, the room was quite large and beds were comfortable. Since the motel is offset a bit from the main roadway, we got a good night's sleep without any road noise.

Breakfast wasn't fancy but they had frozen waffles you can toast up, pastries, oatmeal, and fresh bananas. No place to sit though in the little breakfast room so we brought our little plate back into the room.

I've never stayed in a hotel without shampoo before but this is the second hotel in this trip that doesn't provide that. Had to borrow from my friend in this case. Also, a hairdryer would be nice. I think they have wifi (didn't use it so not sure) and t.v. with lots of cable channels.

Lots of parking too.