“Grand Lodge on pristine mountain lake”

Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
Greenwich, CT
“Grand Lodge on pristine mountain lake”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Perfect location between center of the charming town of Whitefish (1 mile away) and ski resort (Whitefish mountain - about 6 miles away). Best part is extremely large rooms the can easily accommodate a family, complete with gas fireplace. In the summer, enjoy the pool and jacuzzi overlooking the lake, or lunch on the outside terrace overlooking the lake. We loved the restaurant as well (rated best in Whitefish), but still went into town to enjoy other numerous restaurants including Buffalo Cafe (brunch) and Wasabi (excellent Sushi - believe it or not)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We came to The Lodge sight unseen and only on the advice of family living in the area and their recommendations. To our delight it was everything we had heard of and MORE! We were a small group (6) that came planning a small wedding out on their dock. Even though they were not receiving any fees from us...as we were so small of a group...they bent over backwards to make sure everything was PERFECT. The weather was not on our side the day of the wedding and were amazed at the help of their sales and catering staff. They allowed us to use one of their BEAUTIFUL suites (At NO extra cost) and the event was beautiful...If this is what they do for something as small as that… I can only imagine how they handle a large event! My husband and I stayed in one their loft suites for 6 days and everyday the room was taken care of and their service was wonderful. We had some of our family staying in the newer part … and their rooms were incredible for the rate. My husband and I used the spa for a few services and were more than pleased. By the end of our stay we had gotten to know so much of the staff… we felt we said goodbye to friends. I look forward to many years of returning to this INCREDIBLE lodge!!

High River, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Beautiful Hotel and Staff, My wife and I went for our Anniversary. We were treated like Gold. Read the other reviews with regard to the location of the TV and the location and size of the shower controls. I was sitting on the balcony when I heard a scream and crying only to find my wife on the floor of the shower due to hitting her head on the shower controls, others have made comment to this and I almost hit mine as well.
The “Spa” was nice my wife booked both of us pedicures (very nice and professional service), she had a facial (that according to her was ok then we had a couples massage (it was so bad its humorous, we travel quite often and have never experienced anything as poorly done as the massages we received, in my opinion the masseuse’s had no professional training whatsoever and our 10 year old would have done better and not cost $290.00). Our Spa bill for three hours was over $500.00. I may as well have just pulled out a lighter and burnt the money.
Enough of my griping, the overall experience was very good just stay out of the Spa.
Thank you to the Valet staff, Chappy at the lounge, and the Restaurant manager and her staff. She even came to our table and thanked us for dining with them.

San Ramon, California
Reviewed October 7, 2010

My husband and I drove up to Whitefish Lake from Missoula. The drive along Flathead Lake is beautiful. Upon arriving at the Lodge, we were shown to a beautiful room facing the pool and lake. We'd gone up to hike in Glacier only to find that Going to the Sun Road was closed at the higher elevations for construction. The Lodge staff helped us with maps, directions and hiking recommendations. The dining room with outdoor seating had a marvelous menu. We've traveled alot in our 29+ years together, and haven't had the kind of service and accomodations elsewhere like we had at the Lodge. Whitefish is a neat town and this is worth a return trip for us. We highly recommend this property!

Bonners Ferry, Idaho
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We are native Montanans that return regularly to the Flathead/Glacier Park area, We have stayed in most all of the areas Motels and Lodges..Our stay last Friday night could not have been any better. The customer service and accommodations were excellent. A few of the employees to be commended are Stace, Kayla, and Kaile.. We will be back soon....
Thank you.

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We reserved a studio loft with kitchen. When we arrived the st;udio only had a microwave and wet bar. They gave us a 2 bedroom condo facing the lake. What a great condo we loved it. fireplace kitchen patio facing lake what a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2010

When we drove up, I was excited. The lodge is beautiful and well appointed. There is a lovely fire in both the rotunda and in the reception area. However, I guess I have high expectations for a $350.00 a night room. Upon checking in, we found out we had been "upgraded" to a room with a king size bed - but it overlooked the area where you drive up to check in or get valet. All weekend we were disturbed by the sound of motorcycle engines revving and loud people. 3:00 a.m had very loud partiers in the hallway - not what I'd expect from a highly rated and expensive hotel.

I had the misfortune of coming down with an intestinal bug and had to stay put for one day. I was very dismayed to find upon waking in the early evening that our neighbors could, and WERE, peering right into our room at our bed from the balcony if every curtain was not closed tight.

Our room was nice, but I was puzzled by the large kitchen with nothing to serve with. Appointed with a microwave and refrigerator, it held nothing but coffee cups and two wine glasses - we had to ask housekeeping for plates, silverware and even napkins. Why put in a kitchen at all? Our bed was a good 30 feet from the 27" t.v., and it was not a plasma. Lastly, the bathroom is very poorly designed. It looks very modern, but try using the sinks to wash your face and you end up hitting your head on the fixtures that protrude way too far out. There is little counter space for a couple and their toiletries. The shower fixtures are bizarre in their attempt to be "modern" - so much so that management had to post instructions inside the shower on how to use them. The shower is very tight as well. The bathtub is not a jacuzzi tub, and it should be for $350.00 a night.

When we decided to avail ourselves of the pool area, we were dismayed to find it full, and I mean FULL, of screaming children. I mistakenly believed that the prices of this hotel would make it less "family" friendly. I will NEVER understand why parents bring very small children and babies to places like this - I never did and never would, despite having five of them. Children belong at Howard Johnson's type lodgings. I guess they are the same parents who bring their kids to upscale restaurants. Anyway, no lounge chairs were available. When we finally managed to snag a couple of lounges around 3:00 pm, (once the very small babies were all worn out, one of the reasons I did not go swimming), to our dismay we found that food and beverage service was not offered poolside - for that much money, frankly, I was shocked. We walked over to the very cute "tiki bar", which required using our room key to get in and out of the pool area - inconvenient carrying any drinks or food. No staff offered to help. The servers consisted mostly of college students as far as I could tell, and their attitudes were plainly, "what time can I get out of here". The girls were somewhat surly. It felt like timeshare, NOT an upscale hotel.

The food was good, not great. The service was average. The hotel is beautiful, the scenery breathtaking, and the room was very comfortable if oddly arranged. The elevator by the reception desk was extremely slow and jerky.

We enjoyed a very average stay despite the cost, although we loved the Whitefish area completely. Great restaurants, friendly people. Next time, we will probably rent a condo for actual peace, privacy and quiet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle L
lodgemt, Manager at Lodge at Whitefish Lake, responded to this review, October 2, 2010
We do our best to make every stay a good one. Occassionally we do have guests that indulge a bit too much in the active Whitefish nightlife, and we do our best to catch these guests and ask them to not disturb others. We do have efficiency kitchens in the room that are only stocked with glassware upon the request of our homeowners, however we have full kitchen dishes and utensils available upon request. We did not opt to put in Jacuzzi tubs and instead installed soaking tubs because of the problem with sanitation of jacuzzi jets. We do welcome familys here at the resort and haven't had complaints about the children being a problem. I am sorry that the stay didn't meet your expectations, but we would love to welcome you back to try us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
The Firebrand Hotel
#1 of 6 in West Glacier
Pine Lodge
Pine Lodge
#5 of 17 in Whitefish

Been to Lodge at Whitefish Lake? Share your experiences!